Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

AWD

dwayne2183dwayne2183 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2015 in Mazda
hi having trouble with my all wheel drive wondering if anyone has similar issues. all wheel drive will not kick in at all any thoughts on this greatly appricated

Comments

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Any other symptoms? Noises? Vibrations? How long has it not been working? How many miles on the vehicle?
  • Options
    dwayne2183dwayne2183 Member Posts: 2
    about a year now its not been working has about 143000 kms and I have a tire pressure senor not working but that shouldn't be related no noises or vibrations
  • Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Well, looking at the owner's manual online I see that the all wheel drive requires no driver input to come on. There are sensors that monitor the vehicle conditions and turn it on as needed. I agree that a tire pressure sensor doesn't seem like it should have anything to do with it, but it would also seem that some sort of sensor is preventing the system from coming on, so that MIGHT be related somehow. If it was some mechanical issue with the transmission, I'd expect that you would have noticed some kind of physical symptom, but that's just speculation on my part.
    With no other symptom besides "not working", you're probably going to need to have someone look at it.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Makes sense. If the sensors are not recording any slippage at the wheels, the AWD would stay asleep...or if some control module is not interpreting the signals for some reason. I wonder if a really good scanner could pick anything up here.