Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 328 i xDrive 4D Sedan Lease 36 months

samali1986samali1986 Member Posts: 9
edited January 2016 in BMW
Current offer--
6500 down (Cash Cap Reduction * This seems way too much)
MSRP:43K
Govt Charges: 370.27
Doc Fee: 80.00
Acq Fee: 925.00
Gross Cap Cost: 36893L
Residual Vale: 23408
Net Cap Cost: 31,594.52
Monthly Payment (includes tax): 327.90$

Some info about the car..it is a CPO with over 6K Miles on it. How good is this deal? What is reasonable reducition for further negotiations?
Dealer is making it seem like it is a once in a life time thing.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,198

Current offer--
    6500 down (Cash Cap Reduction * This seems way too much)
    MSRP:43K
    Govt Charges: 370.27
    Doc Fee: 80.00
    Acq Fee: 925.00
    Gross Cap Cost: 36893L
    Residual Vale: 23408
    Net Cap Cost: 31,594.52
    Monthly Payment (includes tax): 327.90$

Some info about the car..it is a CPO with over 6K Miles on it. How good is this deal? What is reasonable reducition for further negotiations?
    Dealer is making it seem like it is a once in a life time thing.

So... $6500 total upfront? Or, $6500 plus those other costs?

Even if it's the total, that makes the actual monthly cost about $490-$500/mo.

That might be decent, but not the deal of the century.
    What term and mileage?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    kyfdx said:

What term and mileage?

Thanks for answering...36months/10K (how negotiable are these limits? Should I bother purchasing additional miles or continue leasing with BMW and not worry about mileage, provided I don't go all out..)
    She's willing to be flexible with the Downpayment --for example:
    5K down=montly payments of 372.84

I'm more interested in knowing if the overall cost of the car can further be negotiated, or am if that is asking too much..

Would it make sense to lease this then purchase it later based on the residual amount left?
  • Options

kyfdx said:

What term and mileage?

Thanks for answering...36months/10K (how negotiable are these limits? Should I bother purchasing additional miles or continue leasing with BMW and not worry about mileage, provided I don't go all out..)
    She's willing to be flexible with the Downpayment --for example:
    5K down=montly payments of 372.84

I'm more interested in knowing if the overall cost of the car can further be negotiated, or am if that is asking too much..

Would it make sense to lease this then purchase it later based on the residual amount left?
    Terms of the lease are entirely up to you..
    You should ask for the mileage allowance that you need.
    The dealer is asking for a big downpayment, so the monthly payment will look smaller. Neither the bank or the dealer cares if you put $5000 or $1000 upfront. It just changes the math on the other end, and they get the same amount.

Tell the dealer you want $1000 out of pocket, and then see what the payment is like.

It's hard for us to know the costs on a CPO car. We can only compare your payment to a comparable new car, to see how it stacks up.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    This was
    kyfdx said:

The dealer is asking for a big downpayment, so the monthly payment will look smaller. Neither the bank or the dealer cares if you put $5000 or $1000 upfront. It just changes the math on the other end, and they get the same amount.

Tell the dealer you want $1000 out of pocket, and then see what the payment is like.

It's hard for us to know the costs on a CPO car. We can only compare your payment to a comparable new car, to see how it stacks up.

This was a dealer demo now CPO. Dealer told me "36 Months lease with 15000 miles yearly and $783.55 total drive off, the monthly lease payment is $495.62+sales tax or $542.70 including sales tax.
  • Options

This was

kyfdx said:

This was a dealer demo now CPO. Dealer told me "36 Months lease with 15000 miles yearly and $783.55 total drive off, the monthly lease payment is $495.62+sales tax or $542.70 including sales tax.
    Well.. that is the clearest answer they've given you.

$542/mo. seems like a lot for a $43K MSRP 3-series, especially for a demo. But, at least the cost isn't being obscured by a big downpayment. This doesn't seem like a very good deal.

I would shop around.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator