Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 X3 Purchase Deal ...Please Comment

bmw_x3_loverbmw_x3_lover Member Posts: 3
edited January 2016 in BMW
2016 X3 2.8i sDrive Purchase Question

Folks, my local local informed me that the 2017 X3 can be ordered starting April 1. Has anyone heard this? If this is true, then 2016 model's KBB value is going to depreciate pretty quickly. So, is the following (~$7,500 off MSRP) really a good deal in that event? Looks like folks have been able to buy even the 2014 and 2015 X3's with $7,500 off MSRP so perhaps it's not.

MSRP = $44,095 (Jet Black, Saddle Brown (no extra charge) + Premium Package + Driver Assist Package)
Offer = $36,505
OTD = $38,750 (Above + $600 Doc Fee + Tags + Taxes)

Also, two other questions:
1. Is the firmness of the seat different when you have heated seats vs. not?
2. How does the sDrive handle compared to the xDrive?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302

2016 X3 2.8i sDrive Purchase Question

Folks, my local local informed me that the 2017 X3 can be ordered starting April 1. Has anyone heard this? If this is true, then 2016 model's KBB value is going to depreciate pretty quickly. So, is the following (~$7,500 off MSRP) really a good deal in that event? Looks like folks have been able to buy even the 2014 and 2015 X3's with $7,500 off MSRP so perhaps it's not.

MSRP = $44,095 (Jet Black, Saddle Brown (no extra charge) + Premium Package + Driver Assist Package)
    Offer = $36,505
    OTD = $38,750 (Above + $600 Doc Fee + Tags + Taxes)

Also, two other questions:
    1. Is the firmness of the seat different when you have heated seats vs. not?
    2. How does the sDrive handle compared to the xDrive?

Looks like a great deal.

Where do you live, that you are getting RWD?
    (I doubt you could tell the difference in handling).

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    bmw_x3_loverbmw_x3_lover Member Posts: 3
    Washington DC.  I'm getting RWD because I spent two weekends on my 04 x3 fixing the transfer case actuator motor.  Also don't need to change transfer case and front differential oils. Love to drive them, hate the reliability and expensive repairs.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302

Washington DC.  I'm getting RWD because I spent two weekends on my 04 x3 fixing the transfer case actuator motor.  Also don't need to change transfer case and front differential oils. Love to drive them, hate the reliability and expensive repairs.

If you are worried about resale, RWD will make your SUV virtually sale-proof in any area that sees even a little bit of snow.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator