Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Why is my Odyssey vibrating in eco mode?

jaspersauto1jaspersauto1 Member Posts: 2
edited January 2016 in Honda
Hi guys I have got a 2006 odysse I get a vibration at 65when exo kicked in. I seen post about rear motor mount replaced it due to being completely wasted. And still have same vibrations. I did see a lot of post regarding the torque converter. Is the torque converter vibration relevant to eco vibration ?

Answers

• Options
    jaspersauto1jaspersauto1 Member Posts: 2
    I did pull and Inspect front mount as well very small movement with all my body weight pressing into it. And local part store can get rear mount for $100 if your mechanicaly inclined
  • Options
    eliaselias Member Posts: 2,209
    yes torque converter vibration is probably relevant, because torque converter will "lockup" by design at earlier/lower rpm when in eco mode.
  • Options
    pclevelandpcleveland Member Posts: 2
    Go over to the OdyClub forum and do a search for VCMuzzler. It is a device that will disable the VCM . Your vibration should go away if you install one.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    That's Variable Cylinder Management for those who don't know----and I didn't think of that as a possible cause, but it makes a lot of sense.