Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 BMW X5 xDrive35i

montepora2012montepora2012 Member Posts: 18
edited February 2016 in BMW
Hi,

Please advise on below quote received.

Car Specs:

2016 BMW X5
xDrive35i

Quote Received:

Lease payment is $819 X 36 @ 12,000 miles per year. Due at sign is 1st payment, registration and acquisition fee; NJ tax is included in the payment. Residual at 12,000 miles per year is $39,384. Lease based on your configured MSRP of $69,095, sales price applied $61,435, money factor 0.00132.

Thank you so much.

Answers

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    edited February 2016
    montepora2012

Figure 12 to 15 % off msrp in NJ is a real good deal. Your @11%. (that's not bad ) In addition to your targeted dealers give a call to below dealers I listed. Let each dealer know You make deal today for x % below ( 12,14,15 % ) your models MSRP. Wait til the end of this month to buy/ lease. Last 2 days, last day for best pricing.

If your ok with pricing and don't wont to negotiate further check leasing numbers in below forum I posted.

Try...................... Prestige, Park ave , Flemington, and Bridgewater BMW In NJ

If you want to travel to NY I recommend Rallye and Habberstad BMW of Bay shore.

Buying in NY the doc fee's are only $75 dollars compared to NJ $399 to 499 doc fee charge .

I would post in the X-5 leasing forum checking correct lease numbers to your deal. . You need to know them. Ask each dealer for the breakdown on how there arriving at the monthly numbers. Then compare to your info.

Good luck

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

edited February 2016
    Have you try Ray Catena ? Wondering what numbers and price you received.? Please let me know if you contact them.

• montepora2012montepora2012 Member Posts: 18
    Thank you Brian. I guess I posted in the wrong forum but appreciate you answering.
    edited February 2016
    Check out if any of these incentives apply. This is my 3rd X-5 and the best one yet. Had the 08 ,12 model.

X-5's w/ Dynamic handling pck, and Active Steering is what makes these SUV's so much better . Love my 2016

http://www.edmunds.com/bmw/x5/2016/car-incentives.html?style=200746489

Good luck

Thanks Brian.
    Brian,

Was told the discount include all incentives. What do you think? More room to negotiate? I do know MF is in par. Thx.
    edited February 2016
    Most buyers in NJ that haggle pricing on the X-5 will get 8 to 12% below MSRP without stressing themselves out. Your almost there. But you need to fill in the blanks first.. That said I would call said dealer (sales guy make them breakdown this current deal.) Dealer quoted you over $8200 off your MSRP. Did any Incentive / rebate money get added to that number. So if $1500 lease cash was added to the $8200 there is more room for negotiating a lower price. Find out and post back.

I would also place a few quick calls or emails to some of the dealers Internet managers I posted and tell each what X-5 / options and price will get deal done today.( best done last days of any month) But You first need to know the correct lease numbers info ( think you got it ) and correct incentives that apply to you. This is your pre homework that all new car buyers have to do before deciding which deal is the best . I have bought / brokered over 1100 new vehicles for friends and family spanning over 45 years. Your 1st, 3 weeks of any new month is when you do your test drives narrowing down model , options etc. Then you make a targeted list of dealer that your willing to travel to and finally knowing dealers invoice pricing , correct lease numbers, incentives and rebates that apply to you. Then your ready and the Fun or hardship lol begins with the negotiating process. The more dealerships you get involved in the price wars the better you will do.

Is this vehicle on dealers lot or being ordered. On lot would be easier to lower pricing??

edited February 2016
    Thank you for your suggestions. I was told it has to be order. What is your opinion on MSD? Saw a local dealer with X6 with MSD option to lower monthly payment. Have not gotten the chance to negotiate since wife likes X5 better.
    edited February 2016
    I'm not a lease guy but I still believe here in NY MSD are not allowed . NJ they are

Some manufacturers will allow you to pay multiple security deposits to buy down the interest rate on your lease. Most leases will require you to pay a security deposit at inception. If a MSD program is available, you pay more than one security deposit. Each additional security deposit will lower your interest rate by a certain amount. That lower interest rate will result in a lower monthly payment. You can calculate an implied rate of return by comparing the monthly savings against the initial "capital outlay" (the additional security deposits). For example, if you pay 6 security deposits at $600 each ($3600 capital outlay), and your new monthly payment is lower by $30 per month compared to your original payment without the 6 MSD, your yearly savings is $360. Applied against the initial capital outlay of $3600, your implied rate of return based on the yearly savings of $360 is 10% - TAX FREE and GUARENTEED. At the end of the lease, you get your $3600 back.

BMW program allows 7 MSD, each one reducing the money factor by 7 basis points.

If you are in the market to lease a car, this is something that's worth looking into, as the dealer probably won't tell you about this. You just need to ask your SA. Above numbers would apply to BMWFS

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,681

Thank you for your suggestions. I was told it has to be order. What is your opinion on MSD? Saw a local dealer with X6 with MSD option to lower monthly payment. Have not gotten the chance to negotiate since wife likes X5 better.

Most dealers in NJ will write a lease with MSDs, even for NYS residents.

NY dealers can't do that.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Wife LOL when I mention MSD to her. Her thinking is bank will find ways to keep the money at the end of the lease using excessive wear and tear or what not.

I really appreciate you taking the time to help me. Thank you~
    edited February 2016
    Need to really check the fine print on that and ask leasing company if you go the MSD route. What would concern me to is if your not leasing another BMW at terms end and car is dinged up. Regardless one way or the other Dinged up vehicles, wear and tear will cost you in the end. High end leases like this one is a bad investment if you cant keep leased vehicle in good shape .

If you call Ray Catena in NJ please let me know what pricing there at on your model X-5

Good luck