Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2008 Mountaineer Coolant sensor

jd688jd688 Member Posts: 4
edited August 2015 in Mercury
Where is the coolant temp sensor located on the 2008 Mountaineer Premier?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    This DIAGRAM might help you.
  • jd688jd688 Member Posts: 4
    Thanks Mr_Shiftright, but the diagram has been removed. Looks like Ford required AutoZone to remove ALL of its Ford repair guides.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited February 2016

Oh that's just great. I bet your public library's reference librarian can find a repair guide for you.

They look like this--probably near the thermostat housing.

• jd688jd688 Member Posts: 4
    First, thanks for responding to my post, I was wondering if it was getting lost in cyberspace. Unfortunately, the sensor is not near the housing, like it should be. I've looked at so many diagrams on the internet (all wrong), you tube videos (all wrong), and asked advice from many well-intentioned mechanics (all wrong). The latest diagram that my mechanic received from his OEM subscription led him nowhere (after dismantling my rear-engine passenger side. He thinks it may be under the manifold, but says it will be an expensive "HUNT" based on a guess. He's at a loss and so am I. By the way, the idea that "it should be the same as a Ford Explorer motor" doesn't fly. Is there anyone who can say " I have worked on a 2008 Mountaineer Premier and replaced the engine coolant (or cylinder head) temperature sensor?"