Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Finding Drugs, A Lazy Stereo Installation, and Strange Sound Deadening Solution - 2007 Dodge Charger

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited February 2016 in Dodge
imageFinding Drugs, A Lazy Stereo Installation, and Strange Sound Deadening Solutions - 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8 Long-Term Road Test

From drugs to a botched aftermarket backup camera installation, we make some interesting discoveries while taking apart the trunk of our long-term 2007 Dodge Charger SRT8.

Read the full story here

Comments

• banhughbanhugh Member Posts: 315
    edited February 2016
    The pill is to be shared with the rest of the team that helped in that futile effort to sound proof the droning...
  • daryleasondaryleason Member Posts: 501
    Well..I can understand needing nerve pills or anti-depressants for anyone who owns a Chrysler product. As for the shoddy install of the sound system, did y'all contact the shop that did the work? I'd be demanding either a refund or that they redo it correctly, under supervision.
  • reminderreminder Member Posts: 383
    That prescription was filled after the previous owner told his doctor that he bought a Charger.
    "Here son, you'll thank me later."
    As for the crappy work in the electrical department, I have always been leery of having any aftermarket parts installed, but having some clown that makes $8.00 grab some wire cutters on his way over to my vehicle makes me dry heave.
  • boffboff Member Posts: 91
    edited February 2016
    Bupropion predates the SSRI's and is nowadays used more for smoking cessation than for depression. Although it did have a second life as an antidepressant "with no sexual side-effects!"
  • boffboff Member Posts: 91
    BTW the baggie might not be the saddest example of slipshod assembly work: in my Mustang (and probably Edmunds' as well) there is a fabric fender liner that looks like it was cut with a rusty set of garden shears by someone who was blind drunk.
  • henry4hirehenry4hire Member Posts: 106
    something like that sort of happened to me. I had a 96 Integra GSR that was stolen (of course). The good news was that they found it four hours later with the guy in it doing drugs. So he got busted and I got my car with minimal damage. About two weeks later I was doing a real deep clean and found a used crack pipe under my seat. I tossed it and thought...try explaining that one to the cops! I swear it isn't mine officer! :/
  • tom_in_mntom_in_mn Member Posts: 61
    Drugs should not be flushed, as they just end up in our drinking water. See here http://dpw.lacounty.gov/epd/nodrugs/index.cfm
  • tankeronetankerone Member Posts: 4
    "Drugs" ... made it seem like the car was being used as a mule to cross borders.