Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Have you recently switched from a luxury sedan to a luxury SUV?
A reporter would like to talk to you; please reach out to [email protected] by 7/25 for more details.
Did you get a great deal? Let us know in the Values & Prices Paid section!
Meet your fellow owners in our Owners Clubs

Holds Its Own at the Country Club - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Posts: 10,059
edited March 2016 in Mazda
imageHolds Its Own at the Country Club - 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata Convertible Long-Term Road Test

Thanks to sharp styling, the 2016 Mazda MX-5 Miata looks more expensive than it really is.

Read the full story here

Comments

• daryleasondaryleason TexasPosts: 501
    Of course the Miata would fit in at a Country Club. A lot of rich guys' mistresses drive them.
  • kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Posts: 862
    Clearly it looks like you are the only one that knows how to park a car. What is that white car? Looks nice.
  • nagantnagant Posts: 176
    If only it did not have the Pep Boys wheels on it.......
  • mercedesfanmercedesfan Posts: 365
    This Miata really does look striking in the metal. I have never done double-takes for a Miata before, but this one just has presence that belies its bargain price.

As for the other cars in that parking lot: who gets an F12 Berlinetta in white?! Rosso Corsa should be mandated.
    @mercedesfan : See, I'm the opposite on the colors. I hate the "standard" colors for certain makes/models. Ferrari red doesn't cut it for me. I'd prefer something darker, but not black, like a dark blue or a dark green.
  • agentorangeagentorange Posts: 893
    The twin to that Maserati is here in Vegas, and equally poorly driven. The guy is ALWAYS on his cell with it in his hand.:( As for the F12, I think white makes it different.
  • reminderreminder Posts: 383
    Where's the Balkan Bullet man?
    Slide that puppy right up next to the Maserati.
    @daryleason,

My issue with dark colors on exotics is that the subtlety in the design is obscured. A dark color is not going to play with light in the same way a vivid red, green, blue, yellow, etc will. I have a work associate with a black 458 and while it's still a phenomenal looking car, it lacks that something special a Ferrari deserves. All those wind-tunnel tuned surfaces and shapes should be celebrated, not hidden away.

@ agentorange,

White is definitely different on a Ferrari, but I personally despise white cars. There isn't a car in existence that doesn't look worse in white than it would in an actual color. I complain that dark colors mask design details, but white absolutely obliterates them. All that beautiful flame surfacing on an F12 is gone in white.
    @mercedesfan : I get what you're saying about the DARK dark colors. But I think a color like Emerald Racing Green can still show off a design line. So can something like India Blue (one of GMs better colors). My problem with the sports car neon colors is that I don't like "flashy" (unless it's chrome). Plus, they've been done to death. Yellow Lambos, Red Ferraris, White R8s, it's probably the one pedestrian thing that the exotics do. Plus, anytime I see an Exotic (or any car, for that matter) in a bright shade of yellow or orange, I always think to myself, "There's a 20 footer paint job to hide horrible body work."
    @daryleason,

If you mean something like this, I think we are in complete agreement.
    (http://www.superiorautodesign.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/f12-3.jpg)