Options

2016 Toyota Camry Prices Paid and Buying Experience

sean0247sean0247 Member Posts: 6
edited January 2016 in Toyota
I am thinking about buying a 2016 Camry, and would appreciate anyone that have bought one (or is buying one that received a quote) posting your comments, Please include trim level, options, and price info, MSRP, invoice (if you know), SALE PRICE, and OTD price. thanks,

Comments

• Options
    kevyn168kevyn168 Member Posts: 4
    I got offered for a 2016 Camry LE 22,000 OTD and SE for 22,800 OTD. Msrp on LE is 24,525 and SE is 25,018. OTD prices are already including the factory rebate of 1,250 ending 2/1/16.
  • Options
    mchokshimchokshi Member Posts: 1
    I found a Camry LE for 21400 OTD including all the taxes with 0% APR in VA.
  • Options
    ziyuluziyulu Member Posts: 58
    I recently purchased a 2016 Toyota Camry SE in Austin, TX for $19,750. This includes window tint, nitrogen, and all-weather floor mats.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,831
    ziyulu said:

I recently purchased a 2016 Toyota Camry SE in Austin, TX for $19,750. This includes window tint, nitrogen, and all-weather floor mats.

Was the $19,750 the selling price? What was the MSRP?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    The window sticker said $24,9XX. But the dealer added tint, nitrogen, and rubber floor mats, so the adjusted MSRP is $25,3XX.
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,831
    ziyulu said:

The window sticker said $24,9XX. But the dealer added tint, nitrogen, and rubber floor mats, so the adjusted MSRP is $25,3XX.

20% off sticker is pretty darn good. Enjoy the new Camry!

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    NavinNavin Member Posts: 7
    Hi ZIYULU,

What is the name of dealer in Austin?
  • Options
    The name of the dealer is AutoNation Toyota South Austin. You might try at the end of the month for a similar deal.
  • Options
    optimus1optimus1 Member Posts: 6
    I'm getting a quote of $20,498 on a 2016 Toyota Camry LE. This is minus titles, license and taxes. Wondering if I could negotiate the price down a little more?
  • Options
    vnadellavnadella Member Posts: 3
    I am planning to buy 2016 Camry XLE FWD in Dallas. What would be the best price I can get? Any suggestions
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    optimus1 said:

I'm getting a quote of $20,498 on a 2016 Toyota Camry LE. This is minus titles, license and taxes. Wondering if I could negotiate the price down a little more?

Did you buy yet? There's a $2,000 incentive whacking TMV down to $20,495. Looks like you are right there.
  • Options
    vnadella said:

I am planning to buy 2016 Camry XLE FWD in Dallas. What would be the best price I can get? Any suggestions

Texas doesn't seem too aggressive on car prices, sedans at least.

Numbers for the XLE with the 4 cylinder are invoice of $24,778, MSRP of $27,145 and True Market Value (with that $2k invoice) is $23,536.

Since TMV is an average it's nice to be able to beat it, but since TMV is now $1,200 below invoice, that may be the beat number for Dallas.

All those numbers include the $835 destination btw.
  • Options
    tashi101tashi101 Member Posts: 5
    Hi fellows,

I totaled my car in an accident recently.

I am looking for some advice on Camry LE buying. Please share your buying experiences or even just quotes from dealers. I am in chicane region, but can travel near by if it will save me some money.

Appreciate your time and help on this.

- Tashi
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Bummer. :'(

Lots of people unfortunately go through this and the natural tendency seems to be to rush into something. But if you have a rental, I'd encourage you to try to take your time, both to get a decent price and to make sure you are getting the replacement vehicle that really suits your needs.

Anyway, there's a blowout national sale going on right now for the 2016s. Invoice on an LE with destination (but no options) is $$22,366. The TMV average is typically $500 less than invoice for Chicago. But with the incentives. we're showing another $3,000 off for an average TMV of $18,847.

While waiting for other responses in here, I'd go ahead and get some quotes (there's a quote service at that link of mine).

Another point of comparison - there's $2,000 off the 2017s so a 2017 LE has a TMV of $20,428. With that "relatively small" $1,600 difference between a '16 and a '17, you may be able to hardball an even lower number on a "leftover" 2016. I'd aim for $18,000 if not less initially. Good luck!
  • Options
    arun10chiagoarun10chiago Member Posts: 4
    I am looking to buy toyota xle. with tech and conv package what is the best price I can get i chicago?
  • Options
    edited August 2016

I am looking to buy toyota xle. with tech and conv package what is the best price I can get i chicago?

Invoice is $26,677, but that includes a crazy high ad fee of $479.

There's a $3,000 incentive right now that you should qualify for (we don't really track college grad or military incentives in the True Market Value numbers so check Toyota's web site for others).

So, with the $3,000 incentive, the TMV average price paid for a 60601 zip is $23,252 that number includes the tech and conv. packages and the $835 destination).

Since TMV is an average, I'd offer $22,000 or perhaps a bit less, but with that big incentive the dealers may not be inclined to go much lower on the selling price.

The other wrinkle that may hurt your negotiating position is that I'm only seeing 2 four cylinder XLEs in that zip in our inventory listing.
  • Options
    arun10chiagoarun10chiago Member Posts: 4
    you are right. when I really approached them they had no car (2016)
    I have a offer of 2017 XLE with all packages. conv, tech moonroof, collision, wireless charging. out of door is $27000. is this a good price?
  • Options
    Considering that invoice is $27,492 and TMV is a few hundred bucks higher than invoice, yeah, $27k OTD does sound good. And you are "saving" about a year of depreciation by buying a 2017.
  • Options
    xenocloudxenocloud Member Posts: 1
    stever said:

Bummer. :'(

Lots of people unfortunately go through this and the natural tendency seems to be to rush into something. But if you have a rental, I'd encourage you to try to take your time, both to get a decent price and to make sure you are getting the replacement vehicle that really suits your needs.

Anyway, there's a blowout national sale going on right now for the 2016s. Invoice on an LE with destination (but no options) is $$22,366. The TMV average is typically $500 less than invoice for Chicago. But with the incentives. we're showing another $3,000 off for an average TMV of $18,847.

While waiting for other responses in here, I'd go ahead and get some quotes (there's a quote service at that link of mine).

Another point of comparison - there's $2,000 off the 2017s so a 2017 LE has a TMV of $20,428. With that "relatively small" $1,600 difference between a '16 and a '17, you may be able to hardball an even lower number on a "leftover" 2016. I'd aim for $18,000 if not less initially. Good luck!

Hi stever, Are you aiming for 18k out of door now? Have you got a deal for that price? it is for 16 camry right?
  • Options
    That post was for @tashi101 who was in a wreck a week ago (scroll up for the details).

The TMV of $18,847 is the average price paid for a Chicago zip, before the taxes and fees, so that's not the OTD price. Ditto the target selling price of $18k I suggested, have to add on the fees.

And yes, those numbers are for the 2016s.
  • Options
    ritesh237ritesh237 Member Posts: 20
    I am offered $22,800 OTD for 2016 Camry XSE. The MSRP is $27,595 plus an additional $988 for nitrogen, tint and rubber mats. However the dealer is refusing to extend 0%/72 months financing which is available for 2016 Camry. Is this a good deal? Should I wait for them to come down more?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Hi @ritesh237, "$988 for nitrogen, tint and rubber mats" is a total rip. That's where the dealer profit is.

I show MSRP of $27,145, which includes the $835 destination. Not sure where the difference is.

The TMV average price paid is $22,912 so your OTD price really isn't too bad compared to the average, considering you have to pay taxes.

You've been shopping a while so you know the dealer situation in your area, but that $998 fee is bothersome.

• Options
    ritesh237ritesh237 Member Posts: 20
    stever said:

Hi @ritesh237, "$988 for nitrogen, tint and rubber mats" is a total rip. That's where the dealer profit is.

I show MSRP of $27,145, which includes the $835 destination. Not sure where the difference is.

The TMV average price paid is $22,912 so your OTD price really isn't too bad compared to the average, considering you have to pay taxes.

You've been shopping a while so you know the dealer situation in your area, but that $998 fee is bothersome.

Hi Stever - Thanks for your feedback. If I remember correctly, there was a charge for "Special Color" for about 450 and I think that's where the difference in MSRP coming from. The color I selected was Blizzard Peral so not sure if the charge is for this color. Yes I agree, that $988 charge is a total rip and that's why I still haven't bought the car yet. Is it reasonable for them to not offer the 0% financing in lieu of discount they are giving to me?
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Ah, yeah, I didn't spec a paint so that's likely it.

Dealers make money putting financing together. In this case, my guess is that they want to flip you to another lender besides Toyota, inflate the rate a bit, and make a bit more money. If you have any doubts about your credit, you can get a quote from your local bank or credit union and they can tell you what your score or credit tier is. You need "excellent" credit I think for the 0% rates.

I bet if you ask for a cash deal, the number will go up another $1,000 bucks!

Can't wait to see how they treat you when you take it in for warranty work and get the upsells. This dealer sounds like they'll try to sell you winter nitrogen for your tires when October hits.

Maybe it's time to look at, oh, Accords or a Sonata?
  • Options
    bharatpbharatp Member Posts: 5
    2017 Toyota Camry LE basic+ floor mats, Purchase price $19449.31 + $350 dealer service include NYSTag + 8% NY State Tax. Dealer Motor World, Wilkes Barre PA. Sept 2016 Internet purchase via Truecar. Smooth Transaction, no dealer hackling or harassment. Very good experience.
  • Options
    Congrats and thanks for the price points @bharatp!
  • Options
    carshopping17carshopping17 Member Posts: 5
    I traded in my 2003 Infiniti I35 ( 97000 miles ) and bought a 2017 Camry for 17500 out the door,Is that a good price??
  • Options
    We need a more detailed break-down, like, what was the selling price of the Camry?

All the other factors (what trim you got, what you got for the I35, your taxes, and the fees paid) affect the OTD price.
  • Options
    They first said MSRP price for the Camry LE is $25556 and with the discount of $6587 the total was going to be $19019 plus tax and other fees and they were offering $2000 for my infiniti.Then I asked them to price match with another Toyota shop for $18277,then i asked them to take $277 off from the total and give $500 more for my infiniti and they did,I said I would give a check right away if the total was going to be $17500 out the door and they obliged.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Thanks. I like the way you negotiate.

MSRP with destination is $23,905 so there must have been some options on the LE.

TMV is about $2,000 under invoice - it sounds like your selling price was $18,000 so well below invoice.

Depending on condition, you may have gotten another grand on the trade-in, but it looks like the selling price made up for that.

I'm guessing you had taxes on the $17,500?

Congrats on the new ride!

• Options
    No taxes,it's $17500 out the door,that was final.
  • Options
    Thank you.
  • Options
    edited November 2016
    Excellent deal.
  • Options
    Thanks a lot,I was very worried.
  • Options
    barreg777barreg777 Member Posts: 8
    Any thought as to whether the current $2,000 Camry cash back rebate will be extended again to the end of December?

I'm looking at buying a Camry towards the end of the year and would rather wait to near the end of the month rather than before the current incentives are set to end on 12/05. It looks like they've been continually extending them all year so far.
  • Options
    Hard to guess. Sales have plateaued and car sales are really slumping compared to truck and SUV sales.

Be surprised if the incentives go away, but who knows.
  • Options
    ilyasyildirimilyasyildirim Member Posts: 7
    edited November 2016
    I have been seeing different Toyota Dealers in Palm Beach area. I got an offer from one Toyota dealer for a 2017 Toyota Camry SE. The out the door total cash price is $22,068. The consumer sheet includes the following info: MSRP is $23,840, Manuf. Delv. Proc & Handlg fee is $899, and $699 is ToyoGuard Platinum. There is also another fee for the floor mats ($299). I went to another Toyota dealer if they could beat this price, and the sales rep told me to buy this car, and that he did not understand how they could have lowered the price this much. I got %1.99 APR auto loan from a local credit union, and will hopefully buy the car tomorrow. I was into a Honda Accord or Toyota Camry. The closest Accord I could have gotten was LX, but its options are not as much as Camry SE (leather/cloth seating, power seating on driver side). I wish there was a reasonable GPS option but it would have increased the final price by $2K, which I think is not worth it. And the ScoutLink GPS does not seem to be a good option as it uses mobile data. I would like to know what you think about this OTD price. Thanks.
  • Options
    Check out Earl Steward about those "manuf. delv." fee.

The True Market Value average price paid for your area is $21,663.

I don't know what your taxes are but it does sound like a good deal in spite of the high doc fees.
  • Options
    ilyasyildirimilyasyildirim Member Posts: 7
    Thanks Stever. Initially I went to Earl Steward because of their "No Dealer Fee" ad, but their OTD price was close to $23K. I do not know how dealerships do business; despite the Consumer sheet, I asked another dealership if they could beat this price. They basically said $19K for the car + $1K for the dealer fee. Even though they have higher fees, the final OTD price is $1K better than Earl Steward. The tax in FL is %6, and I think the DMV/TAG/fees/etc is somewhere around $400-$500. They tried to get me into their own financing program (%3.54 APR) but I decided to go with a credit union (%1.99). I had some weird and interesting experiences since last week with the sales reps/managers but this is outside the topic of this thread (especially for someone coming from UK recently to US).

For those who are planning on using an auto loan, do not trust the credit score the Dealership pulls from your Credit History. My credit history was 770 a month ago, and several dealership did hard pull (which they said would be soft though!). Weird thing is that they come up with numbers around 640-650 (which of course increases the APR). I was so pissed off that I did not want anyone to do any credit check anymore. The credit union found my score as 740! Long story short, for those looking to get an auto loan it is better to work with a credit union if you have a good credit score...
  • Options
    Yep, we have a one price dealer here that makes it easy that way. But you wind up paying more (I think).

Good advice on getting pre-approved on a car loan. The idea is to get your rate from your bank and credit union and then ask the dealer to beat it. Often they can because the dealer makes money putting the loan package together.
  • Options
    zeppy68zeppy68 Member Posts: 28
    Stever, I also got a price for a toyota camry se the price msrp was 25998, with a sale price of 20787.34 299 doc fee 1595.11 state tax 316.55 dmv fees with otd price of 22998. would I be in the ball park.
  • Options
    In NJ
  • Options
    zeppy68 said:

Stever, I also got a price for a toyota camry se the price msrp was 25998, with a sale price of 20787.34 299 doc fee 1595.11 state tax 316.55 dmv fees with otd price of 22998. would I be in the ball park.

I'm confused, I thought that was the quote you got for a 2017?

• Options
    yes that is 2017 camry quote. with the msrp being 25998. was unable to find the invoice price do you think my quote is a good one.
  • Options
    Oh, okay - you're in the 2016 discussion.

I replied in the 2017 discussion a couple of days ago.