Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Water Leaking Inside

kristin416kristin416 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2016 in Toyota
Water is leaking into my Sienna van from the side curtain airbag emblem. I called Toyota and was told they've never encountered this issue. Just curious if anyone else has ever seen this.

Answers

• Options
    texasestexases Member Posts: 10,711
    Do you have a sunroof? The drains can plug, leading to water leaking in all kinds of locations.
  • Options
    queenofwavesqueenofwaves Member Posts: 1
    My 2005 sienna doing the same. Water coming out of the passenger side curtain airbag emblem.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You can test sunroof drains by pouring a little water into them (half a cup?) and seeing if the water drains out the bottom (rear of the front wheel and/or front of the rear wheel).

If not, or if it leaks into the car, then you can take some aquarium tubing and stick in in the drain and BLOW.

Do NOT use a coat hanger and do NOT use compressed air from a large compressor. If you dislodge the drain hose inside the A pillar, then you have TWO problems.
  • Options
    billy3pbilly3p Member Posts: 3
    Absolutely agree with the sunroof drain plugs being the likely problem if you have a sunroof. You have to look very carefully to find them on the corners inside the roof frame for the sunroof. I took some .095 diameter weed trimmer line and chased it down through all of the ports until I felt it had reached the floor board on both driver and passenger side.Because I do not have a air compressor I took my shop vac and mcgyvered my vacuum hose using duct tape to completely close the vacuum end,poked a small hole in the center and pushed a straw into the hole then connected the vacuum hose to the exhaust port on the shop vac and used the air to blow out the drains as best I could.I tested by pouring so me water in the drain tray and then checking for drips under the fender wells which I did see and no more wet carpet in heavy rains.