Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Buick Park Avenue lights 100k

pa____100kpa____100k Member Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Buick
I have a 00 park ave and my right lowbeam will cut off and my right turn signal will cut on. If i use my left turn signal they both flash but when i cut on my high beams it stops. Please help

Best Answer

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Answer ✓
    First thing I'd do (just a guess) is pull the multi-function stalk switch and examine the wiring harness carefully, as well as the connector that plugs the stalk wiring into the main harness, in the steering post area. You'd want to disconnect your NEG battery cable when you're messing around in there.

Answers

• Options
    pa____100kpa____100k Member Posts: 2
    Thank you Mr_Shiftright I will try that and hopefully it works. I have asked 12 people with buick and they never heard of that so thank you.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    edited April 2016
    The first thing someone should do is confirm that they understand exactly what is occurring here.
    From the description at this point I would expect to find

1. The right hand low beam goes out on occasion.
    2. The left turn signals work correctly unless the high beams are used which causes them to stop flashing.
    3. When the right hand low beam goes out, the right hand turn signal illuminates.

If that is what is proven to be happening when testing the lights on the vehicle, then....
    In the form of a question you have to consider if the right front headlight and turn signal issue is suggest a failing ground circuit for those lamps.

Depending on exactly what is meant by the left turn signals stop flashing, meaning are they stuck ON or OFF the first test point changes.

Neither of these represent a "diagnosis", this is the point in time where you have to get a schematic, identify the circuit and test points, now grab the appropriate tools (test light/voltmeter) and prove what parts of the circuit are working correctly and which ones are not.
  • Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    BBBind.com has wiring diagrams for free.

Mind the airbag(s).