Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2016 Memorial Day Mazda Sales on CX-5?

essdubyaessdubya Member Posts: 23
edited May 2016 in Mazda
Do you think there will be any good memorial day sales this year for the mazda cx-5 2016 and 2016.5?

Wonder if I should wait 2 weeks and see if any good deals come through. Anyone have any tips?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited May 2016
    All we show right now are some financing incentives on the '16 CX-5. Those expire 5/2/16.

Could be some local/regional sales or incentives that we don't know about.

Surprising to me but this Cars.com article says that holiday is a terrible time to buy a used car. No word on how good it is for new ones (I always heard it was a good holiday to buy and it's often the busiest sales weekend of the year).

Is Memorial Day A Good Time to Buy A Used Car?
  • Options
    Thanks Stever! I visited the Mazda Dealership last weekend and called up some competing dealerships and each one of them has been very slow and dragging their feet on providing even initial quotes for leasing! Makes me feel that supply is definitely less than demand at the moment for CX5. All 2015 models are complete sold out, and 2016s and 2016.5s seem to be disappearing like hotcakes. I was wondering if it was worth it to wait two weeks to see what kind of rebates or deals there would be - my time frame is to have a car a month from now. But seeing as these dealers are playing hard to get, I'm wondering if it will be even more difficult to negotiate once the masses start flooding in for Memorial day to buy cars....
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    Could be - cars sales in general are still strong.

You can drill down to the CX-5 using the Make | Model tabs above and then click on the inventory tab.

There are a grand total of zero CX-5s in my zip code. Las Cruces is a small town but when I expand it out to include El Paso (~700,000 population), I still get zero. Bit of a surprise.

There's only 22 of them up in Albuquerque.

Oh, those incentives - they now expire 6/2, but it's still just the low APR ones - not showing any cash or leasing incentives on CX-5s.

• Options
    Thanks for checking stever! oh boy...now I feel like I should get the car and just pay the extra 30 bucks a month... :( I really liked the way it drove.
  • Options
    Life is short....
  • Options
    I was able to get a decent price from a dealer by negotiate - 270/month , 0 down, 2000 taxes and fees for 36/10k. Pretty happy with that!
  • Options
    Congrats!
  • Options
    Thanks stever and thanks for all your advice!
  • Options
    fip2016fip2016 Member Posts: 2
    Hi all,
    I'm looking to lease a Grand touring CX-5:
    just a couple of quick questions:
    is the residual calculated on the MSRP or the dealer price?
    for me, the numbers are not adding up from what the dealer just quoted vs. a simple online lease calculator

thanks for any help!
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    fip2016 said:

Hi all,
    I'm looking to lease a Grand touring CX-5:
    just a couple of quick questions:
    is the residual calculated on the MSRP or the dealer price?
    for me, the numbers are not adding up from what the dealer just quoted vs. a simple online lease calculator

thanks for any help!

Residual is always a percentage of MSRP.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator