Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 BMW 320i lease question

Kevin_89Kevin_89 Member Posts: 3
edited May 2016 in BMW
I'm looking to lease an entry level 320i with near-base model (just to experience the feel of it). After going through a couple of dealerships around my area (Houston), I got one that gives me a $400 rate include taxes, title, etc ($32,000 invoice price and around $29,000 to get the $400 offer)... 10K miles a year for 3 years. For a base model, I thought it was a bit too high since I saw a few people who got $360-$380, or I was wrong. Anyway, I wanted to hear you guys' opinions on the offer, should I take it? How much is considered a good deal? How low can I negotiate? What do you suggest I do next?

First time leasing and really want to get myself a good deal, hope you guys can help. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,029
    Kevin_89 said:

I'm looking to lease an entry level 320i with near-base model (just to experience the feel of it). After going through a couple of dealerships around my area (Houston), I got one that gives me a $400 rate include taxes, title, etc ($32,000 invoice price and around $29,000 to get the $400 offer)... 10K miles a year for 3 years. For a base model, I thought it was a bit too high since I saw a few people who got $360-$380, or I was wrong. Anyway, I wanted to hear you guys' opinions on the offer, should I take it? How much is considered a good deal? How low can I negotiate? What do you suggest I do next?

First time leasing and really want to get myself a good deal, hope you guys can help. Thank you in advance.

MF is .00138 and residual is 63%.

With your prices, I get $313/mo. Is the $32K the invoice price or the MSRP?

However, Texas has this annoying habit of applying sales tax to the entire selling price. Assuming a 6% rate, your $29,000 selling price becomes $30,740 and the payment goes to $364/mo.

Then, there are fees to consider. BMW assesses a $925 acquisition fee, then there is a dealer fee of some amount as well.

The number you are looking for is the adjusted or net capitalized cost - this is the selling price with all fees and taxes added in.

For BMW, a 5-7% discount on the sticker price is a good place to start.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Kevin_89Kevin_89 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you for the reply, Michael. The invoice price is $32,000, so I'm looking for a $30-31K capitalized cost?
    Kevin_89 said:

Thank you for the reply, Michael. The invoice price is $32,000, so I'm looking for a $30-31K capitalized cost?

I don't know - what fees are you paying up front? The dealer would know what that number is.

What is the MSRP - the bottom line number of the window sticker?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• Kevin_89Kevin_89 Member Posts: 3
    This is the one:
    http://www.momentumbmw.net/new/BMW/2016-BMW-320i-84e5508d0a0e0ae8318c7be2d0a11774.htm

I'm not paying anything up front, just the monthly lease. I just thought that I could bring it down another 2K from the sonic price, but not sure if that's an appropriate negotiation.
    Kevin_89 said:

This is the one:
    http://www.momentumbmw.net/new/BMW/2016-BMW-320i-84e5508d0a0e0ae8318c7be2d0a11774.htm

I'm not paying anything up front, just the monthly lease. I just thought that I could bring it down another 2K from the sonic price, but not sure if that's an appropriate negotiation.

I doubt there is much room to go lower on the price.

Next, get the adjusted cap cost with all taxes and fees added in. That will probably explain why the quoted payment is higher than what we calculate.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator