Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Need to file a complaint

etphalletphall Member Posts: 5
edited March 2016 in GMC
I would like to file a complaint on the service we are getting on my 2009 Acadia. I understand I need a Case #. Where do I begin?

Comments

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited March 2016
    Here's the link to the GMC contact page. You can email or call or chat with a customer service rep and they should be able to help you out.

A case number generally means that you are "in the system" but you don't need a case number to talk to your dealer or to visit another dealer for help. Some dealers are more proactive if they know you've complained to GM though.
  • etphalletphall Member Posts: 5
    had taken it in because of a recall & told them the engine light was on; did the recall repair- didn't know why the light was on; a couple weeks later it ran but just no power, then pretty much quite; had it towed to Hart, a month ago & they found this & that & the $$ kept added up; now the engine needs to be replace. when we had it towed they said it was because of bad gas. that's a short version.

Ugh, and you likely are out of warranty? Bad gas? Wonder how they came to that conclusion.

Hopefully you can get some help from GM.
    Thanks Stever, my husband went by this morning to get the manual, Vin # & mileage & told them that I had been researching and found out that there had been a lot of problems w/the engines & he thought they weren't being as helpful w/us since we didn't buy our car there. they didn't say anything~
    The scuttlebutt is that dealers hate warranty repairs because they aren't paid much for them by the manufacturers. The techs usually get paid less for those jobs.

This article may help:

The Secret Warranty
  • isellhondasisellhondas Member Posts: 20,342
    stever said:

The scuttlebutt is that dealers hate warranty repairs because they aren't paid much for them by the manufacturers. The techs usually get paid less for those jobs.

This article may help:

The Secret Warranty

The domestic guys REALLY hate warranty work for that reason. I can't remember any of the guys in the Honda store where I worked complain.

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    There's a lot of truth to that---the dealer and the factory are not in "cahoots". Sometimes they are very adversarial.
    MODERATOR --Need help with anything? Click on my name!- do not see where to click on your name-???
    Look above the signature to the name next to the photo and click on that.
  • eljulibereljuliber Member Posts: 12
    I need help, A dear friend of my went to a car dealership in Miramar, FL (CAR DEPOT MIRAMAR) looking for a car, the salesperson told her that they didn't have the vehicle in stock but, they told her to leave a $500.00 deposit to bring the vehicle she was looking for from another location, also the salesperson told her to encourage her to leave the deposit that if she didn't like the vehicle they will return in full the $500.00, she accepted and make the payment of the $500.00 with a debit card without have anything in writing and they don't even gave her a receipt for the payment. thereafter she didn't liked the vehicle and asked for the refund and the salesperson and dealer management refused to give her back the money, she was treated bad and no one in the dealer help her, she sent emails, phone calls went in person to talk to different people and nothing happened. the only proof that she has is the statement from the bank that shows the she make a payment for $500.00 to the dealership.

So my question will be, since lawyer services worth more than $500.00 to dispute this legally, what other options she can take in consideration to force the dealership to give her in full her money back, filing a complain with any governmental department/s that can take legal action on her behalf against the dealership, if so please provide me the name of those institutions and how it will be the best way for her to address this matter with them. also if you can provide me another good idea to solve this matter it's highly appreciate since she is a very nice, humble and good hardworking woman that it doesn't deserve to be a victim of this situation.
    From what I hear, Florida isn't a very consumer friendly state. That said, your friend could file a complaint with the attorney general's office (or consumer protection agency if there is one).

Other possible options include talking to the bank and also finding out who the owner of the dealership is and contacting them.

Another thing to consider would be to write dealer reviews around the net - on Yelp, DealerRater, etc. Here's our review site:

Dealer Ratings and Reviews

Good luck to your friend and please report back when you find out more.