Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Advice on Turbocharger and supercharger

markhk55markhk55 Member Posts: 3
edited June 2016 in Ford
Can someone tell me the difference between turbocharger and supercharger? I planning to boost the engine power and performance. I want to know which is ideal for regular use.

Comments

• markhk55markhk55 Member Posts: 3
    Funny, no one replied. So, I did some research and thought instead of replacing the turbo charger, I'll buy a supercharger . I'm going for an off-road trip, I also need some engine tuning, tire change and suspension lift. So, I will take the truck BC Diesel truck service. Meanwhile, my friends and I have to do other preparations for the trip.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Sorry didn't see this post. Tell me more about your plans, the engine you have, the miles on it, and what you expect to gain from doing this. I'll be glad to throw in my two cents!

• texasestexases Member Posts: 10,708
    " instead of replacing the turbo charger, I'll buy a supercharger "

If your F-350 diesel came with a turbocharger from the factory, it would be a major mistake to switch to a supercharger. There are so many aspects of diesel tuning that have to be considered, unless you're an expert (and you wouldn't have asked if you were) I wouldn't consider a switch.
  • markhk55markhk55 Member Posts: 3
    I scrapped the whole idea of using that. I decided to just tune the engines for off road drive. But, suggestions are welcome for maximizing the ride experience for off-roading.