Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

600 Miles of Driving Impressions - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2016 in Chevrolet
600 Miles of Driving Impressions - 2016 Chevrolet Volt

Edmunds shares driving impressions of its long-term 2016 Chevrolet Volt on a several hundred-mile road trip.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    The only way I'd want a Volt is if I knew for sure that it was going to use every drop of electric power before tapping into the gas engine. Otherwise, what's the point of having all of that complexity and additional cost.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Not too encouraging...
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    How come you didn't get the 50 miles of EV out of it each day? That wouldn't be a "sliver", that would be 1/6th !

Also, you wouldn't have been able to do that in a Tesla. You'd be recharging before you hit 300 miles.
  • agentorangeagentorange Member Posts: 893
    "it falls flat at about 69 mph This doesn't seem to be quick enough for many."

There's a fix for that, it's called the right lane.
    Do you want 50 mpg and a 420 mile range, or do you want to go uphill at 100 mph and refuel or recharge at 200 miles? You can't have both.
  • schen72schen72 Member Posts: 433

"it falls flat at about 69 mph This doesn't seem to be quick enough for many."

There's a fix for that, it's called the right lane.

You obviously haven't driven in the LA area freeways. People will gladly ride your bumper even if you are in the right lane. There is no lane discipline, so you can get frustrated or you can just join them.
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    edited June 2016
    Plus the Volt will be way left in the HOV lanes.
    I don't think I've ever seen a highway in L.A. with people going 70 mph in the right lane.
  • vvkvvk Member Posts: 196
    69 mph on longer grades is excellent, depending on altitude. My old SAAB would struggle to reach 40 in third gear on longer grades at altitude.
  • desmoliciousdesmolicious Member Posts: 671
    vvk said:

69 mph on longer grades is excellent, depending on altitude. My old SAAB would struggle to reach 40 in third gear on longer grades at altitude.

great. Another SAAB story.

(apologies but I couldn't help myself)
  • stuntman_mikestuntman_mike Member Posts: 57
    From the lastest CarMax commercial, now to Santa who used to live in Carpenteria, Oxnard's getting famous!!! :-)
  • justoneopinionjustoneopinion Member Posts: 21
    I agree the front seat padding is too firm and pronounced on the shoulder blades. I had to fiddle with the backrest angle and seat fore-aft position to create a remotely comfortable seating position in my Volt. I wish I had my luscious 2013 Subaru Impreza driver's seat.