Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

2016 Honda HR-V Prices Paid

allycyatallycyat Member Posts: 58
edited May 2015 in Honda
This vehicle was released to the Public for sale finally today. Please post if anyone has pricing info to share ...

Comments

• milton15milton15 Member Posts: 1
    I received a quote of $21,200 including destination fee of $880. Add tags, title, dealer fee. I have excellent credit. When I go to discuss APR or MF thay are quoting a 6.3% or .002625. I find both absurd. What is the current interest rate Honda financial is offering for HR-Vs? What is the current money factor on 36,000 and 12 years?
  • MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,011
    milton15 said:

I received a quote of $21,200 including destination fee of $880. Add tags, title, dealer fee. I have excellent credit. When I go to discuss APR or MF thay are quoting a 6.3% or .002625. I find both absurd. What is the current interest rate Honda financial is offering for HR-Vs? What is the current money factor on 36,000 and 12 years?

While I don't have any current numbers for the HR-V, the standard MF for Honda is .00170, so your dealer is marking it up.

As the HR-V is brand new and likely to be popular, it doesn't surprise me that dealers are taking advantage of the situation with the customers who want to be 'first on the block' with this. (see: Miata, Mazda and PT Cruiser, Chrysler)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Rumor is that the HR-V is already cutting into CR-V sales.

I looked at one a couple of weeks ago but didn't get pricing info. Plan to look again "soon".

Anyone shopping or have recent quotes or buying info to share?
    stever said:
    Rumor is that the HR-V is already cutting into CR-V sales. I looked at one a couple of weeks ago but didn't get pricing info. Plan to look again "soon". Anyone shopping or have recent quotes or buying info to share?
    Can't say I'm surprised to hear that. The CR-V is really mid-sized and not everyone needs something that big. 

IIRC, the EX-L AWD is around $25K sticker. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

• backybacky Member Posts: 18,949
    I drove the HR-V LX AWD last Saturday. Nice car, nimble, but a firm ride. MSRP is $22k, and they're not budging on price (it was a "no haggle" dealership, and they definitely were not haggling). I told the dealer I wanted FWD and they said they don't get many of those. So while it's a very nice little SUV, it's not a good value right now IMO. I've seen some gently used 2013 Escapes, 2012 Santa Fes, and previous-gen Foresters for around $15k, some CPO cars. A used CR-V could be a good bet also. The HR-V has good fuel economy, but at 7500 miles a year it won't be a big consideration.
    backy said:

I drove the HR-V LX AWD last Saturday. Nice car, nimble, but a firm ride. MSRP is $22k, and they're not budging on price (it was a "no haggle" dealership, and they definitely were not haggling). I told the dealer I wanted FWD and they said they don't get many of those. So while it's a very nice little SUV, it's not a good value right now IMO. I've seen some gently used 2013 Escapes, 2012 Santa Fes, and previous-gen Foresters for around $15k, some CPO cars. A used CR-V could be a good bet also. The HR-V has good fuel economy, but at 7500 miles a year it won't be a big consideration.

Thanks for the feedback. I would think a FWD HR-V would be a rare bird in MSP; might have to special order it.

And, even at the dealerships that aren't "no haggle", I suspect the HR-V will command sticker or very close to it for a few months.

I'm hoping the shine will be off the penny by next fall, when my current lease is up; an HR-V would be a nice vehicle to drive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

• seldenselden Member Posts: 22
    I picked up a HR-V EX at Honda Carland (Roswell, GA) on August 10. Somewhat to my surprise, given the scarcity of these cars (we waited 5 weeks before getting the one we wanted), the dealer offered ~5% off MSRP, and didn't jack up the price with a bunch of crap like pin striping, paint sealant, etc. so we were out the door with all fees and taxes for very near the MSRP. We set up a pre-approved 48-month loan @2.37% APR from our bank on July 2. The entire closing process was about as good as one could hope for.
    Congrats! Recently tested one and was really impressed with the features. Loved the "three mode" backup cam.
  • radar007radar007 Member Posts: 24
    Has anyone purchased an HRV EX in Ohio recently? How do they compare to the CRV? ride quality? resale value, etc? On the fence between CRV and HRV.
    edited September 2015
    I'd go with the HR-V simply because I'd prefer the smaller size. The ride and pep is, I think, better in the CR-V but I last test drove a CR-V about a year ago. There's a road test of the HR-V, along with some more comments by me and others, at this link.

My guess is that resale will be typical Honda - good.
    Got a quote for an EX AWD $23,000. I'm in Ohio and was wondering if this is a fair deal? Has anyone recently purchased one iin OH or PA? Would it be better to wait until the end of the year for better deal? Not many on the lots around here. Thanks.
    Looks like TMV is running right at MSRP - that's a supply and demand issue. Your deal looks pretty good, not quite invoice but well under TMV/MSRP.

You may save a bit more at year end, hard to say if it's worth the wait. For most cars, yes, but the HR-V is still new and "hot" so prices may be slow to fall.
    Thanks. With the destination fee it is $23,452 so I thought $23,000 was pretty good simce they are still new. I thought the destination fee was not negotiable?
    I've searched in a 50 mile radius and no one has any HRV EXs on the lot. I really want to see it before I purchase. They are telling me all sales have been pre sale. Anyone else able to find any and if so what has been your negotiated price? Almost all dealers are telling me MSRP!
    That's a bummer. Maybe you can get the dealer to call you when they get the next pre-sold batch so that you can at least sit in one.

I missed your last question. "Everything" is negotiable - if the dealer says they won't negotiate on a line item, you can figure up what you want to pay for a car "out the door" and negotiate that number. Then you don't care about the breakdown in fees.

But it sounds like the demand is still high and the supply is still limited, so you don't have much negotiating power.
    Thanks for the response. I'll keep checking around. Hopefully someone will chime in with prices paid once they start selling. If we don't find one soon I'm gonna look at the Subaru crosstrek but wife and I both like the HRV. We will just have to be patient.
  • Sandman6472Sandman6472 Member Posts: 6,968
    Check out the Mazda CX-3 also, have heard excellent reviews about it. Looks sharp and can be ordered with a snazzy two-toned interior. Never owned a Subie but a friend has the Crosstrek and raves about how nice it is. Have only seen the outside and do like the muscular looks of it. I know that at the Honda store where we have our Hertz kiosk, never see that many HR-V's and they are gone almost as quick as when they come in. Think that one will have to wait almost a year to get a decent deal on one of those. Like them except for the lack of knobs on the infotainment system, something I think is completely ludicrous! When driving, knobs are essential since using ones fingers to navigate the system seems a bit dangerous to me. Fine when using a laptop or tablet but unacceptable in a regular vehicle while driving in traffic. Think they need to give the consumer a choice of using both...just personal opinon though.

The Sandman :)B)

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

sandman_6427 I actually drove a CX-3 and thought it was very small inside. The dealership had both Honda and Mazda and I was scheduled to drive an LX HRV but they sold it that day and never called me so I drove the CX-3. It drove pretty nice but no leg room or storage in the back. I will just wait it out. The Crosstrek is 2nd on my list. I like it but the wife likes the look of the HRV better and this will be her car so gotta make her happy!
    We had the same experience as you when we drove the HR-V and CX-3. My sister is interested in a Crosstrek (has an '05 Subaru Forester now) but I haven't looked at one. Some people complain about the lack of pep I guess.
    Ended up purchasing EX for $23,450 + tax, etc. in Ohio. Anyone else able to get below invoice? True Car has them trending above MSRP. I haven't seen many on the road around here.
    Living in South Florida, one sees so many different vehicles and think we are similar to California in that respect. Warm weather makes folks want to get out and drive, that and keep their vehicles detailed and polished. The lack of decent public transport makes owning a vehicle that much more important. When I first saw the HR-V, my first thought was that Honda has a hit on their hands as it's the right size and priced well, good looking also. But haven't seen that many on the roads yet which leads me to believe that one, supply has really outstripped demand or that with all the competition, time is all that's needed here. I personally like that it's a smaller CUV but maybe it's just a bit too small for most. The lack of knobs on the mid and top levels infotainment systems is also not well suited for older folks who weren't been brought up with computers and who get all that goes with it.
    Maybe time is all that's needed here or possibly a refresh of the styling to make it more desirable in the marketplace, I don't know. All I do know is that it hasn't taken off as expected.

2023 Hyundai Kona Limited AWD (wife) / 2015 Golf TSI (me) / 2019 Chevrolet Cruze Premier RS (daughter #1) / 2020 Hyundai Accent SE (daughter #2) / 2023 Subaru Impreza Base (son)

I think Honda is  promoting the CR – V, which can be bought under factory invoice. 

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

We see a lot of the CR-V's down here and do like them. Looked at one back in 2006 or so and they were just too big for our purposes. Seeing more of the new Civic's down here also and am slowly warming up to them. Definitely a bigger vehicle than the '06 LX that I owned back in the day. Saw a pic of my old one and was thinking, maybe I should've just kept it a few more years. If I still had it now, there'd be close to 31,000 more miles on it, so around 77K as of today. Would've been cheaper just to have kept it and replaced whatever needed to be done, probably not much. But think we always see things differently playing the "shoulda, woulda game" with aspects of our life decisions.
    Looking back, really no regrets and the whole selling the Civic, buying and selling the Tucson finally got me to where I am now, happy in my VW. Spent some extra funds and maybe not the most logical thing I've ever done, but am genuinely very very happy with my daily driver now. And isn't that the point, buying and driving what we really want?

• joolieejooliee Member Posts: 2
    I received a quote in the bay area, California for HRV EX FWD no add on for 21,488 + taxes and fees, 23,744 out the door. However, it does not have the color of my choice. Is this a good deal? Since its month end could there be more room for negotiation?
    Invoice is $22,357 and TMV is $5 more. So $21,488 is about $870 below invoice. Pretty good I'd say for the Bay Area.

If the dealer needs to make quota tomorrow you may be able to shave some dollars off your quote. That said, there may be some dealer bonuses through the 4th of July weekend that we don't know about.

But - color is pretty important and that's a big one to "settle" on. Might want to shop the quote around and see if you can find your color choice at a store that's willing to meet or beat your quote.
  • joolieejooliee Member Posts: 2
    stever said:

Invoice is $22,357 and TMV is $5 more. So $21,488 is about $870 below invoice. Pretty good I'd say for the Bay Area.

If the dealer needs to make quota tomorrow you may be able to shave some dollars off your quote. That said, there may be some dealer bonuses through the 4th of July weekend that we don't know about.

But - color is pretty important and that's a big one to "settle" on. Might want to shop the quote around and see if you can find your color choice at a store that's willing to meet or beat your quote.

Thanks for your advice. What dose Dealer bonuses mean? Is that an incentive for dealers to sell more over the holiday weekend?
    Most manufacturers have monthly (and quarterly) sales numbers that they expect their dealers to hit. Dealers who make their quotas can get bonuses. Usually, but not always, the end of the monthly quota period is the last day of the month.

Often the bonus is cash, but bonus can also include priority in inventory selection and delivery and oddball things like special service tools for the service department or cruise trips for the general manager.

And yes, there are often bonuses tied to holiday weekends or entire months.
  • xdreem1979xdreem1979 Member Posts: 4
    HRV EX-L w/ NAVI AWD
    Purchased in NJ, dealer had to get it from another dealership
    car price 25,311
    NY tax 8.875%
    Doc fee 399 (pissed about that!)
    Reg/title fee 250

Did i get a decent deal?
    The TMV average price for a Bridgewater zip is $26,464, which is about $300 above invoice.

So your selling price was about $900 below invoice. The dealer made their profit on the doc fee (they gotta eat too).

Nice ride, enjoy!