Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

How Well Do Child Safety Seats Fit? - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited August 2016 in BMW
imageHow Well Do Child Safety Seats Fit? - 2016 BMW 340i xDrive Long-Term Road Test

You might not know it, but Edmunds' long-term 2016 BMW 340i is roomy enough to be a decent family sedan.

Read the full story here

Comments

• Options
    cars4747cars4747 Member Posts: 2
    Wow, even a "toddler" seat doesn't fit in a rear facing position and requires a significant compromise in legroom. (Photo of front seat positions conspicuously omitted) If BMW only made a car with enough interior space to safely secure a modern car seat, not require a significant sacrifice in front legroom and have enough trunk space to easily transport a buggy. Oh wait, they do make the 3 series GT which is the ideal choice or the ubiquitous 5-series...
  • Options
    sxty8stangsxty8stang Member Posts: 58
    cars4747 said:

Wow, even a "toddler" seat doesn't fit in a rear facing position and requires a significant compromise in legroom. (Photo of front seat positions conspicuously omitted) If BMW only made a car with enough interior space to safely secure a modern car seat, not require a significant sacrifice in front legroom and have enough trunk space to easily transport a buggy. Oh wait, they do make the 3 series GT which is the ideal choice or the ubiquitous 5-series...

What? A - it's a compact car, or at least it used to be. B - the car seat fits fine and still leaves front seat room, if you read the post.
  • Options
    maksimfamaksimfa Member Posts: 12
    What?

I just tested how our Clek Fllo in a new 3 series and there was plenty of space for it rear facing in the middle.
    It fit even better than a Mazda CX5, Mazda 6 and CX9.

What kind of seat is it?
    How tall of a driver?