Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2011 Chevy Engine Need Replace

rfetrowrfetrow Member Posts: 1
edited September 2016 in Chevrolet
On Sept. 30, 2016, my Chevy Equinox engine light came on and started to act sluggish. Within a few miles, I notice 'Reduce Engine Power' came on the vehicle engine power is was greatly reduced. Shortly afterwards, the vehicle came to a crawl with less than 1000 RPM being produced and a maximum speed of 5 mph. The vehicle has 58,000 miles and is less than 5 years old. After have the vehicle towed, I was told that the engine needs to be replaced. The vehicle has a 5 year - 100,000 mile warranty on the power train. Which dealership is close to me so I have the vehicle towed to have this warranty work completed. At the 36,000 mile checkup prior to the warranty being expired, I talk to the dealer representative and was told they were having problems with the engine being sluggish at times. He stated that they were having problem with the engines. Additionally at that time he told the engine was covered with a 100,000 mile warranty in case something would happen. Well, it has happen. Have been a longtime Chevy owner but is very disappointed in this vehicle. Need to get this problem solve as quick as possible since I am planning on going on vacation in the middle of October. My e-mail address is [Email removed]. I live in Lake Worth, FL.

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Hmmm...that's cutting it close. You might want to think about a rental if Mid-October is your goal. I guess it depends on how fast the dealer gets approval and then gets an engine.