Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

awd disabled light

allsomeallsome Member Posts: 3
edited October 2016 in Buick
Hey looking for help! My 03 Buick rendezvous has the was light on in the dash so I hooked it up to a diagnostic scanner told me the wheel speed sensor was not working so I replaced the bearing now all wheel speed sensor s are working as they should .but the light is still on. There are no other codes with the brakes Idk if that matters. So any ideas?

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Was the code cleared by the scanner after the job was completed?
  • allsomeallsome Member Posts: 3
    Yes there aren't any codes as of now after the wheel speed sensors were replaced / fixed one wire. Please note the the vehicle doesn't have to be started or driven to show awd Disabled. its just on all the time . if the differential check valve was bad wouldn't the scanner pick that up or show?
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    These systems can be very tricky and may require deep diagnosis.

See if you find this DISCUSSION of interest. It's between a certified mechanic and a 2003 Rendezvous owner on this very problem.
  • allsomeallsome Member Posts: 3
    Yes that's helpful. It appears as though my differential awd valve is bad. Its bad news but I got it under control. Thanks