Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2004 dodge 4x4 dakota quad cab 4.7 misfires

alibeth88698alibeth88698 Member Posts: 1
edited October 2016 in Dodge
2004 dodge 4x4 dakota quad cab 4.7 misfires after i installed a new radiator now misfires and runs rough error codes map sensor. I have no vacuum leaks and changed the plugs. Would map sensor make truck misfire and idle rough? Should I change the coil pack? Please help.

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Yes a bad MAP can cause rough idle or poor performance.
  • Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    The MAP sensor code "could be" the result of the engine running rough depending on what code is setting. To diagnose any failure you need to study and understand how the computer runs the test that makes it generate a given trouble code and then test the system/circuit same way that the computer does. Trouble codes don't tell you what part needs to be replaced, they tell you what test failed. Now that "could be" a failed component but someone is supposed to perform proper testing to prove it.
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Here's a good video on DIAGNOSING the MAP SENSOR rather than just guessing that it's bad.