Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Prices paid for 2017 Mazda 3

terceltomterceltom Member Posts: 1,024
edited November 2016 in Mazda
Got a quote on a 2017 Mazda 3 Grand Touring automatic with Premium Equipment Package, cargo tray, all weather mats, bumper guard, doorsill trim plates and interior lighting kit for 25643.00 plus $500.00 cash loyalty rebate. Bottom line is $25143.00 plus tax and tags. MSRP is 27330.00. Locating this vehicle is proving to be difficult so early but they are out there. I didn't want to budge from my specifications.

Comments

• Options
    steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Did you have a Tercel too Tom? I had an '82 sedan that wouldn't die, kept it for 17 years and sold it when we moved out of state.

For the 3, invoice is $25,920 and we show the True Market Value average price paid is around $27,000. That's with your accessories and includes the $835 destination.

So your quote before your loyalty incentive is ~$300 below invoice.

Seems like a good quote for this early in the new model year but finding one may be the trick. Good luck!
  • Options
    Ha, Ha ! I sure did Steve, it was a 1986 Tercel wagon I drove for 26 years. It was running good until the end but the body finally succumbed to the rust. Usually a Corolla guy (four of them) since the Tercel, but I'm gonna give Mazda a shot. Four other dealers were around $25,700 after $500 loyalty for the 3, but this one came back at $25,143. He said he thinks he can get one about 400 miles from my home in the Northeast. I'm a little suspicious but we'll see, if not I'll wait it out.
  • Options
    My Mom had a Protegé that wouldn't die but I dunno if any car will keep chugging along like the old Tercels did. Wanted a wagon back in the day but couldn't afford those. :)

Please keep us posted on your search.
  • Options
    Well as I figured, the dealer with the lowest quote couldn't deliver on his promise. I wound up paying the $25,700 as previously mentioned. On the good side I wanted mudflaps and a moonroof deflector and the dealer threw that in with the $25,700.00 price. Picked it up the next day. All negotiations were completed online.
  • Options
    At least you didn't have to go cool your heels at the dealership while the one dealer reneged on their price. And you still beat the TMV average handily.

Congrats!