Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

What payment did you get?

tourguidetourguide Member Posts: 190
edited April 2016 in Ford
I'm thinking about leasing an Edge (a 16 or 17) and I see that the trim lines vary greatly in MSRP and option cost. This amounts to quite a swing in lease payments per month. What payment did you end up with on your 2016 Edge?

Comments

• brian125brian125 Member Posts: 5,244
    I inquired about pricing for a 2016 Ford Edge. Very surprised with dealers pricing and how they use the 3000 cash incentives to there advantage. This is in NY and NJ. I'm going to use 2 other states as a reference price range. Has anyone found pricing here ODD.

To be continued

23 Telluride SX-P X-Line, 23 Camry XSE

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Have you tried our True Market Value pricing tool?

Also check out the Incentives and Rebates for the 2016 Edge
    edited November 2016
    Just to update my last post on Ford pricing. With little time and research I have a few dealers willing to go $500 to $800 below invoice price on a 16 Edge if I buy today. ( still to high of a price to pay for a almost 1 yr. old vehicle .) I'm not in the market to buy a Edge just inquiring for someone. Here are my suggestions to buy pricewise.

For most folks looking to buy / lease the 2016 Ford Edge in the CT,NY,NJ, PA area I would target 1500 below invoice Excluding Incentives ( up to 4k ). Most buyers can get the $2750 cash . Start your negotiations on the last 2 days, last day of this month.

2017 Explorers shoot for Invoice price. IF your a good negotiator and don't mind playing the dealer games shoot for a lower price on a 17 explorer.

Big discounts on the 2016 Explorers , Escapes and F-150's

@Mr_Shiftright I stopped looking at pricing using TMV it is so far off price reality. True- Car pricing is a better indicator in most area's that I find buying vehicles across the country. .

Using Edmunds TMV they are listing pricing to buy at 16 Edge at under 6% ( 5.36% to be exact LOL ) off dealers MSRP plus incentives. With little effort using emails / calls most uneducated buyers can beat TMV by $1500. Unless they print out Edmunds TMV's pricing walk into dealership and pay 6% below MSRP thinking they did good.

edited November 2016
    TMV isn't supposed to be the lowest price. It's a "target price" and we encourage you to negotiate as hard as you have the time and energy for.

Well when you actually beat the TMV by an additional $1500 without really trying, let us know how you did it ! Only ink on the contract counts, though.
    I never said that the TMV price should be the lowest. I'm just pointing out price comparisons from my many deals I have made . I feel the TMV starting price is so off.... not even close to what a uneducated buyer could get.

I have offers today if I buy right now beating the Tmv pricing $1500 to 1800 from dealerships managers. That's how far off TMV starting price is without even negotiating at months end. I find the same pricing results through out many different vehicles . I'm wondering how many buyers use this Edmunds TMV service print out the price promise go to the dealer show this price print out , buy vehicle without investigating a lower price??

Most forum readers are unaware as you may be that I have bought and brokered over 1000 vehicles for family and friends spanning over a 45 year period. Trust me when I say TMV is not a good starting price guide.

I'd bet if I wanted to buy ( I don't ) a 2016 Ford Edge I would come close to my "@brian125's " target price of $2000 to 2500 below the posted invoice plus incentives and Not my suggested price to the average buyer shooting for $1500 below invoice price.

I just walked thru a dealers lot with 150 to 200 Ford Edge's, Escapes, Explorers lined up . To me that's a slam dunk.

Mr_Shiftright

Trust me when I say I have the best interest at heart to make sure anybody who listens to me can save a buck in this hard sometimes confusion car buying world.

All you guys do a fabulous job @Edmunds.................... @stever , Michaell , etc .

Keep up the good work.

OK, thanks for your input, too. If you want to pass along your observations to Edmunds, click on the "contact us" at the bottom of the page. Someone will definitely read it and pass it along.

You know, it's also possible that you personally can react to, and take advantage of, changing market conditions faster than a price guide can. What do you think of that idea?
    edited November 2016
    I will pass on some suggestions.

• duyunfeng1012duyunfeng1012 Member Posts: 10
    hi everyone,i got quote from dealer just wondering this is the good deal or not,
    2016 FORD EDGE SEL MSRP $40985
    SELLING PRICE 30692
    FREIGHT 895
    MD PROCESSING FEE 300
    MD TAG AND TITLE 363
    MD SALE TAX 2213.22
    TOTAL ON THE ROAD $34463.22 (WITH FORD CREDIT FINANCE AT STANDARD RATES)
    $35463.22 CASH OR FINANCE WITH OTHER LENDER
    QUESTION: It is possible to get lower than this deal?
    THANKS A LOT!

hi everyone,i got quote from dealer just wondering this is the good deal or not,
    2016 FORD EDGE SEL MSRP $40985
    SELLING PRICE 30692
    FREIGHT 895
    MD PROCESSING FEE 300
    MD TAG AND TITLE 363
    MD SALE TAX 2213.22
    TOTAL ON THE ROAD $34463.22 (WITH FORD CREDIT FINANCE AT STANDARD RATES)
    $35463.22 CASH OR FINANCE WITH OTHER LENDER
    QUESTION: It is possible to get lower than this deal?
    THANKS A LOT!

Excellent deal in MD.................Here in NY the deal you posted I cant get. best deals for a 2016 titanium Edge were about 9000 off the MSRP last week of DEC. So any 16 Ford Edge model I buy in 2017 my target price would be 3000 below original invoice plus any rebates and incentives. If Ford did not have $3500 plus in Incentive money I would be looking for more off my original 3k below invoice price.

What ford dealership gave you this price in MD ???

• duyunfeng1012duyunfeng1012 Member Posts: 10
    koons ford baltimore.
  • PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Do you own a 2017 or 2018 Ford Edge? If so, a journalist would like to speak to you about your experience with the vehicle, particularly if you have children. If you're interested, please reach out to PR@Edmunds.com no later than Monday, May 7, 2018. Thank you!