Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Who pays for registration renewal on a leased vehicle?

ZohaibiqZohaibiq Member Posts: 1
edited December 2016 in Kia
Hi Folks,
I am quite new to leasing. My lease started on Jan 18, 2016 and has not yet completed a year, but I have received Vehicle Registration Renewal letter for $288. I am assuming that since the lessor is Hyundai and the car is not owned by me, and the initial registration was taken care by the dealer (Kia), I wonder if Hyundai Lessor or the Kia dealership is responsible for handling the registration renewal? Please correct me if I am wrong.

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 234,726
    Zohaibiq said:

Hi Folks,
    I am quite new to leasing. My lease started on Jan 18, 2016 and has not yet completed a year, but I have received Vehicle Registration Renewal letter for $288. I am assuming that since the lessor is Hyundai and the car is not owned by me, and the initial registration was taken care by the dealer (Kia), I wonder if Hyundai Lessor or the Kia dealership is responsible for handling the registration renewal? Please correct me if I am wrong.

In almost every case, the lessee has to pay for any registration or fees/taxes. While the leasing bank may be billed for those items, the cost will fall to the lessee.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator