Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

ATS manual vs Auto

pale519pale519 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2017 in Cadillac
Hi there - I'm shopping for an ATS with a manual transmission, and was told that the residual was poor for manuals. I was given a residual of 55%. This logic makes sense to me since manuals should be harder to resell, but I haven't seen reference in any of these forums to a difference in RV between transmissions. Is there a difference, and if so, how many % roughly?

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,326
    pale519 said:

Hi there - I'm shopping for an ATS with a manual transmission, and was told that the residual was poor for manuals. I was given a residual of 55%. This logic makes sense to me since manuals should be harder to resell, but I haven't seen reference in any of these forums to a difference in RV between transmissions. Is there a difference, and if so, how many % roughly?

First, we don't have the January program, yet.

It's entirely possible that a manual transmission equipped unit would have a lower residual value, but our documents don't show that. Last month, the ATS had a 55% residual for 36/12, for all models. So, the information may be correct, or it could be someone trying to answer a question with incorrect information.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    PF_FlyerPF_Flyer Member Posts: 9,372
    Are you someone who's trying to find a basic car without all of the complicated new technology? Or maybe you know (or are!) someone who just bought a car that's loaded with apps and technology and you have a funny story about figuring out how to use it?
    We have a reporter who would love to talk to you. Please send a note with details and your contact information to PR@Edmunds.com by Monday, March 13, 2017.