Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2017 320i - Is this a good lease deal and other options?

mb_stanmb_stan Member Posts: 8
edited January 2017 in BMW
I am looking at leasing a 2017 BMW 320i with the proposed following terms:
Net Total: $40,435 (with sports and premium packages)
Term: 10,000 miles for 36 months
Residual: 61%
MF: .00154
Depreciation: $24,507
Finance fee: $99.61 (my calculations)
Sales tax: 8%
total monthly payment: $577.62 (with taxes)

Are you aware of any incentives or lease deals? The dealer has not offered any.

My credit score is higher than what I initially told the dealer. It was calculated at Tier 2 but should be Tier 1. How much of difference should this make in the pricing?

Thanks.

Best Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,554
    Answer ✓
    mb_stan said:

Sorry, I thought I gave that. The MSRP is $41,430. The CAP cost is the sticker price $40,435, there was no CAP reduction.

MSRP = sticker price
    Not sure of the terminology you are using.

With an MSRP of $41,430 and an adjusted CAP cost of $40,435, the payment would be $512/mo+tax or about $553/mo.

If the MF is .00134, the payment would drop by $13/mo.+tax.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

Answers

• Options
    Sorry, I thought I gave that. The MSRP is $41,430. The CAP cost is the sticker price $40,435, there was no CAP reduction.
  • Options
    Yes, you have it correct. My misunderstanding of the offer. The payments you mentioned and the difference with the MF are consistent with what I thought. With that said would this be considered a good lease deal? What should I be looking for in regards to turning the car in at the end of the lease besides the residual? Are you aware of any incentives or lease deals? The dealer has not offered any. Thanks.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,554
    mb_stan said:

Yes, you have it correct. My misunderstanding of the offer. The payments you mentioned and the difference with the MF are consistent with what I thought. With that said would this be considered a good lease deal? What should I be looking for in regards to turning the car in at the end of the lease besides the residual? Are you aware of any incentives or lease deals? The dealer has not offered any. Thanks.

You want a bigger discount than $1000.
    At least $2500.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    thanks, that's what I was thinking. Good advice.