Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Best oil filter for my car?

recalcitrantrecalcitrant Member Posts: 13
edited March 2017 in Toyota
I have a 2011 Toyota Camry LE with a 2.5 Liter, 4-cylinder engine.

Can anyone tell me what the best commercially-available oil filter is that will fit this car?

And if for some reason it’s hard to find, can you tell me where I could buy it?

Answers

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Purolator Premium Plus is a good pick for the more attractively priced filters, and Mobil 1 filters, though pricey, do a very good job and offer superior materials. WIX is also good. Also Bosch, Baldwin or K&N

I would avoid Fram, Pennzoil and STP filters.

• Options
    dedonderosadedonderosa Member Posts: 27
    Fram ultra is actually one of the best filters on the market today. full wire backed synthetic media for excellent flow and 99% efficient @ 20 microns,, silicone anti drain back valve.

all your oil and filter needs www.bobistheoilguy.com
  • Options
    recalcitrantrecalcitrant Member Posts: 13

Purolator Premium Plus is a good pick for the more attractively priced filters, and Mobil 1 filters, though pricey, do a very good job and offer superior materials. WIX is also good. Also Bosch, Baldwin or K&N

I would avoid Fram, Pennzoil and STP filters.

From your answer and from what I read online while trying to digest your answer, I’m kind of getting the sense that Mobil 1 and K&N are really great filters.

Do each of them come in different versions?

And how do I know that either one of them will fit my car?
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    If you call the Mobil 1 Oil Filter Hotline, they'll tell you the best choice or choices for your car:

1-800-882-0890

For K&N, this is the number to call:

800-858-3333

Any store that sells the Mobil 1 or K&N line would have a catalog to match the right filter to your car.