Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Pricing on a 2017 Volvo XC90 Momentum (T6 AWD - 7 Passenger)?

jmgoldsmithjmgoldsmith Member Posts: 18
edited April 2017 in Volvo
I'm negotiating the price of a 2017 Volvo XC90 Momentum (T6 AWD - 7 Passenger) with the following features / options:
  • Color: Magic Blue Metallic
  • Wheels: 20" 5-Double Spoke Matte Tech Black Alloy Wheels
  • Upholstery: Charcoal Leather in Charcoal Interior
  • T6 Momentum Plus Package
  • Vision Package
  • Integrated, Center Booster Cushion, 2nd row
Total MSRP (including destination fee): $57,890

The dealer has offered a discounted sales price of $56,376

Is this a good price based on the vehicle type and current market conditions? If not, what price can I reasonably request?

Answers

• Options
    cooper2014cooper2014 Member Posts: 42
    edited April 2017
    Absolutely not - I've been offered $4.5 k off MSRP which is still too low if you ask me.

Start working with other dealers in the wider area and be prepared to travel out of state if necessary.

check out TrueCar and Edmunds buying Advice page to see what discount you can get in your ZIp. Don't bother with truecar certificate that it produces - that means dealer has to pay them $300 if you buy, just knock another $300 off the price to sweeten the deal.  

Ive always negotiated less than truecar price but it's a good starting point.
  • Options
    Thanks for the useful feedback and guidance. Based on my zip code, the price I was offered is below the figures cited on TrueCar and the Edmunds buying advice page. However, that doesn't mean it's a great deal, considering that Volvo is about to transition to the new model year (2018) for the XC90. How much above dealer invoice should I offer? Thanks in advance for any additional feedback / guidance.
  • Options
    NathanCrumbackNathanCrumback Administrator Posts: 508
    @jmgoldsmith, what is your zip code?
    Edmunds Moderator
  • Options