Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

Car Buying Advice - Help me Negotiate a good lease deal on a 2017 Passat R Line.

logantrkylogantrky Member Posts: 8
edited May 2017 in Volkswagen
I am a first time lessee and would like everyone's input on this offer and what I should negotiate with this lease. I'd like at least a 15K/36 month lease. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the residual and MF numbers and what they mean. Any explanation or advice is welcome. This is the offer I have been quoted from a local dealer: Location: Tennessee Model: 2017 Volkswagen Passat R Line MSRP: 25,440 15K/36months Down Payment: $2,000 (includes all fees/taxes according to dealer) Monthly Payment: $266.48 OR 18K/36months Monthly Cost: $298.57 Thanks for your help!

Answers

• Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,984
    logantrky said:

I am a first time lessee and would like everyone's input on this offer and what I should negotiate with this lease. I'd like at least a 15K/36 month lease. I'm having a bit of trouble understanding the residual and MF numbers and what they mean. Any explanation or advice is welcome.

This is the offer I have been quoted from a local dealer:

Model: 2017 Volkswagen Passat R Line

MSRP: 25,440

15K/36months

Down Payment: $2,000 (includes all fees/taxes according to dealer)

Monthly Payment: $266.48

OR

18K/36months

Monthly Cost: $298.57

Thanks for your help!

Suggest you start here for your lease research:

https://www.edmunds.com/car-leasing/

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4