Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

what is the MPG of 2001 lexus is 300?

tanim_alamtanim_alam Member Posts: 1
edited June 2017 in Lexus
I am planning to buy a 2001 lexus is 300 with 163000km on it as my first car and i plan to use it for my delivery job is it a suitable car for delivery job? What could be the milage of these cars in present time can anyone help? Thank you

Answers

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343

I am planning to buy a 2001 lexus is 300 with 163000km on it as my first car and i plan to use it for my delivery job is it a suitable car for delivery job? What could be the milage of these cars in present time can anyone help? Thank you

Don't have real world figures, but the 215 HP inline 6 in that car was not famous for fuel efficiency. EPA numbers were 16 city, 21 highway. Being 16 years old, I doubt it's any better, now.

My son's friend has one... and, describes his fuel mileage as "crappy". High teens. And, it uses Premium fuel.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    davidtc1davidtc1 Member Posts: 1
    1,746 fuel-ups and 478,527 miles of driving, the 2001 Lexus IS300 gets a combined Avg MPG of 19.84 with a 0.15 MPG margin of error.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    davidtc1 said:

1,746 fuel-ups and 478,527 miles of driving, the 2001 Lexus IS300 gets a combined Avg MPG of 19.84 with a 0.15 MPG margin of error.

Thanks for the report.. you need to live closer to work.. ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator