Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

LOW MPG in CR-V 2017?

good_boy_1234good_boy_1234 Member Posts: 81
edited July 2017 in Honda
I am experiencing low MPG since I got my new CRV EX-L with Nav. I have been only getting 22-23 MPG regardless city or highway! I tried to play with Econ, fuel A, and Fuel B without any luck.This is frustrating because the official website of Honda and all other website mention that MPGs are 27 and 31 for city and highway, respectively! I am getting way lower rates in my CRV!!!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,281

I am experiencing low MPG since I got my new CRV EX-L with Nav. I have been only getting 22-23 MPG regardless city or highway! I tried to play with Econ, fuel A, and Fuel B without any luck.This is frustrating because the official website of Honda and all other website mention that MPGs are 27 and 31 for city and highway, respectively! I am getting way lower rates in my CRV!!!

How long have you had it? Are you even through a full tank, yet?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    lazy_boneslazy_bones Member Posts: 28
    Since new, I've gotten 30 - 34 mpg, consistently.
  • Options
    kyfdx said:

How long have you had it? Are you even through a full tank, yet?
    Less than a week and have over 60 miles so far. Tank was full from the dealer, it's 75%-80% full now. 22-23 MPG is too low!!
  • Options
    Then, you have no idea. Go fill it up yourself, reset the trip odometer. Run it down until 1/8th of a tank, then refill it and do the math.

Then, after three more tanks, average the mileage and see what you get.

See you in a month! ;)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options

kyfdx said:

Then, you have no idea. Go fill it up yourself, reset the trip odometer. Run it down until 1/8th of a tank, then refill it and do the math.

See you in a month! ;)

Do you mean that MPG readings are not accurate and I need to manually calculate the ratio of miles per gallons filled by myself? Or do you mean that MPG performance will improve after refilling tank few times?
  • Options

kyfdx said:

See you in a month! ;)

Do you mean that MPG readings are not accurate and I need to manually calculate the ratio of miles per gallons filled by myself? Or do you mean that MPG performance will improve after refilling tank few times?

Your MPG readings could be accurate, but with only 60 miles driven, there is no way to extrapolate that to what your average will be over all sorts of driving.

And, yes.. manually calculating it over multiple tanks is the only way to get true numbers. That smooths out how full you get it, different driving conditions, etc, etc..

My car averages around 25 MPG, overall.. But, if I just measured it on my 4 mile round-trip to the gym, it's probably around 12 MPG. (just as an example)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    ray80ray80 Member Posts: 1,655
    I would never expect to get good mileage from a brand new car (although sometimes it is good). I would wait at least a couple thousand miles to see what happens.