Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Monthly Update for June 2017 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

Edmunds.comEdmunds.com Member, Administrator, Moderator Posts: 10,315
edited July 2017 in Tesla

imageMonthly Update for June 2017 - 2016 Tesla Model X Long-Term Road Test

June was a mostly quiet month for driving our 2016 Tesla Model X. There were no maintenance issues, but a trouble spot did arise again. We also passed our annual 20,000-mile target.

Read the full story here

Comments

• kirkhilles1kirkhilles1 Member Posts: 863
    I love Tesla, but I gotta admit that the Model X seems like a disappointment and is honestly kinda funky looking. I'd still buy a fully loaded Model S as my first splurge if I won the lottery, but I'm not so sure about the X.
  • throwbackthrowback Member Posts: 445
    "while the Model X didn't require a visit to any of the local service centers, a troublesome suspension noise did resurface, which of course will require a visit to a service center. So it goes. "

At this rate the Model X may turnout to be more unreliable than the Model S you folks tested. It's a steady stream of build quality issues. While Tesla fans don't mind beta testing their cars, I'm not so sure most Model 3 buyers (who will be new to the brand) will be so forgiving.