Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Q5 Premium Plus vs. Q5 Prestige Residuals

AprelAprel Member Posts: 6
edited July 2017 in Audi
I've been reading this forum (nice job BTW) and something struck me as odd.

Question: I show the residual for Q5 Premium Plus to be around 62% and the Prestige to be around 58%. (Northeast US, 36M/12K miles/year). This is saying that the PP (at the same price) should be LESS money per month - even if the final price is the same - correct? Why is the Prestige's residual so much lower?

One other thing - if someone could provide a great URL that provides a comprehensive breakdown of all the lease calculations. I understand residual - but there seems to be other fees that confuse me a bit - every time I lease - I feel like numbers are being hidden from me and I'm not getting a fair deal.

Thanks - you guys rock.

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    Aprel said:

I've been reading this forum (nice job BTW) and something struck me as odd.

Question: I show the residual for Q5 Premium Plus to be around 62% and the Prestige to be around 58%. (Northeast US, 36M/12K miles/year). This is saying that the PP (at the same price) should be LESS money per month - even if the final price is the same - correct? Why is the Prestige's residual so much lower?

One other thing - if someone could provide a great URL that provides a comprehensive breakdown of all the lease calculations. I understand residual - but there seems to be other fees that confuse me a bit - every time I lease - I feel like numbers are being hidden from me and I'm not getting a fair deal.

Thanks - you guys rock.

It's typical for higher trim lines to have lower residual percentages.

You are correct.. P+ with the same MSRP as the Prestige would be much cheaper to lease. Of course, very few of the P+ will match MSRP of the Prestige, making the Prestige much more expensive.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator