Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Advice on Selling a Saturn Vue with Trans Problems

clare123clare123 Member Posts: 1
edited July 2017 in Saturn
I have a 2008 Saturn Vue (92, 000 miles) that developed transmission problems a couple of months ago. I want to sell it and was wondering if it is better to get some other issues fixed before putting it on the market (e.g. I need to get the brake pads replaced). Also there are some scratches on the outside - is it worth paying to get these and any other minor issues fixed before selling the car? I am trying to get the highest possible price for it because my financial situation is not good right now, and I need to use the funds to buy a drivable car. Any thoughts on whether fixing the less serious issues before selling is worth it?

Comments

• Options
    homer39homer39 Member Posts: 3
    Hi, Found the following on the internet. Thought I read this when looking at my own problems. Good Luck

GM IS RECALLING 26 MY 2008 SATURN VUE VEHICLES EQUIPPED WITH A 6T70 6-SPEED AUTOMATIC TRANSMISSION. ... DEALERS WILL REPLACE THE TRANSMISSION FREE OF CHARGE. THE RECALL BEGAN ON MAY 5, 2008. OWNERS MAY CONTACT SATURN AT 1-800-972-8876.