Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Buick Regal GS Power Window and Radio Issue

amommy4lifeamommy4life Member Posts: 6
edited August 2017 in Buick
I recently purchased a 2002 Buick Regal GS. The previous owner cut the wires for the sunroof and mirror (I have no idea why). The windows worked and radio worked until yesterday. We touched the wires sticking out of the headliner and may have shorted something. Now, the power windows don't work and strangely neither does the radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Sounds like your first stop would be to check all the fuses. It's best to use an ohm meter to do this, as you can get fooled with just a visual check.
  • amommy4lifeamommy4life Member Posts: 6
    Ok, we'll try it with a OHM Meter. We eyeballed it, but our eyes aren't always what they used to be. Thanks. I'll report back.
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147

I recently purchased a 2002 Buick Regal GS. The previous owner cut the wires for the sunroof and mirror (I have no idea why). The windows worked and radio worked until yesterday. We touched the wires sticking out of the headliner and may have shorted something. Now, the power windows don't work and strangely neither does the radio. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

The power windows AND the sunroof both use the circuit breaker for 30 amps in the Instrument Panel fuse block.

If you "touched wires" I assumed that means you connected them or shorted them to ground not knowing whe they were? Could have done damage to something.
    In the instrument panel block there may be more than one circuit breaker with the SAME part number on it. That other one and the one for the windows/roof can be interchanged to see if it's the circuit breaker not reconnecting after being tripped.

The radio has two fuses in the instrument panel block, a 2 amp J7 J8 and a 15 amp E1 E2. The letter and number likely are the row and column locations. The lid of the fuse block will have diagrams showing shich fuse is which. Also there's you owner manual in the glove box.

If manual is not there diagramming locations, the manual can be downloaded under Owner on the buick website.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,

Thank you. We've been changing fuses to see which would work. We ordered more fuses from Amazon. We may just change them all!
    Well, we changed the 30 amp and the 2 amp and 15 amp as stated. Still no change.

Any other suggestions? 
    Well, we got the radio and windows working, but we lost the lights on the radio and temperature thermostat.  Gosh, electrical nightmare. 
  • imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,147
    In the instrument panel fuses, there a 7.5 amp fuse for Panel Dimming, H9/H10 is the location.

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,