Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

What to keep ....what to sell???

bucks74bucks74 Member Posts: 2
edited August 2017 in General
I inherited a 2011 Ford Fusion 49k miles great condition paid off. Our current vehicle is 2009 Honda Accord ex 5 speed with 87k also paid off. My gut says to sell Honda even though I am a Honda guy. Both cars would be used for my wife to commute work daily. Any thoughts or opinions? Thanks !!

Comments

• Options
    stickguystickguy Member Posts: 50,558
    Either sounds like a fine option. Do you want to keep the stick, or move to an AT? Dollar wise, probably worth about the same.

I would not mind finding a used car like the accord. But I am in the minority of wanting a stick.

2020 Acura RDX tech SH-AWD, 2023 Maverick hybrid Lariat luxury package.

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    How is her commute? If it has a fair amount of traffic, the AT might be the way to go here. I suspect that the Honda will hold its value better over time, however.
  • Options
    qbrozenqbrozen Member Posts: 32,950
    Shifty has a point. Might want to dump the Fusion while the gettin is good. It will depreciate to worthless territory much faster than the Accord.

'11 GMC Sierra 1500; '08 Charger R/T Daytona; '67 Coronet R/T; '13 Fiat 500c; '20 S90 T6; '22 MB Sprinter 2500 4x4 diesel; '97 Suzuki R Wagon; '96 Opel Astra; '08 Maser QP; '11 Mini Cooper S

• Options
    tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
    keep the Fuzion!
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Well, that's settled then... :D
  • Options
    bucks74bucks74 Member Posts: 2
    Thanks for all the good feedback! The wife commutes about 16 miles one way highway. She likes the manual transmissions unless it's heavy traffic. You are correct they are both about the same private party value.