Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

2017 Camry vs. 2017 Corolla V4 Acceleration, Please Help

howardh3howardh3 Member Posts: 7
edited August 2017 in Toyota
Hi, I am concerned about the acceleration when going from 0 mph to entering a highway. The Corolla has a 132hp V4 and the Camry around 200hp V4 from the listings. But the Corolla is a few hundred pounds lighter. I do not know much about cars but which one has more "pepp" and "acceleration" in actual driving? Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,296
    howardh3 said:

Hi, I am concerned about the acceleration when going from 0 mph to entering a highway. The Corolla has a 132hp V4 and the Camry around 200hp V4 from the listings. But the Corolla is a few hundred pounds lighter. I do not know much about cars but which one has more "pepp" and "acceleration" in actual driving? Thanks!

The Camry will be faster, but the Corolla is as fast as most people need.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    howardh3howardh3 Member Posts: 7
    Thanks. I'm coming from a V6 XLE Camry so I just afraid I won't get used to the V4 versions, acceleration wise. The reason I am considering downgrading is that I got sticker shock from the 2018 Camry V6 XLE. In most configurations it's in the $36k range. The lease would become prohibitive to me. So I am looking at the V4 models of the Camry and Corolla.
  • Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 238,296
    Newer automatic transmissions help a lot. The V-6 Camry is over-powered for it's intended purpose, IMO. I doubt you'll have any issues with a new 4-cylinder Camry, but the Corolla would be a pretty drastic change.

There is no substitute for driving them, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator