Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is it worth to buy a 2006 Toyota Camry LE Sedan 4D with 180K miles?

james366james366 Member Posts: 2
edited November 2017 in Toyota
hello every one.. please post your comments for a used 2006 Toyota Camry LE Sedan 4D car. How long one can expect life of this car? It has crossed over 170K miles already. Does Camry have it's price higher or lower than the KBB prices?

Best Answers

Answers

• tbirdmarcotbirdmarco Member Posts: 3,838
    @james366 agree with everyone who posted there comments above!
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    It really depends on how much the car costs. The asking price has to realistically reflect the % of the car that is statistically "used up". Most modern cars will go 175K--225K before major component failures, so if you "play the odds" here, this car is in the last 10% -15% of its normal lifespan. It has to be substantially discounted off the price of say the same car with 100K on it, which has 50% of its lifespan.

Where I live in CA, used cars tend to be more expensive, and I see 2006 Camrys with this mileage in the $2500 to $4000 range, depending on condition, service history, etc.

While I think that logically you can say that a car with 180K on it is practically worthless, in the "real world" just about any decent-looking and reliable used car is going to cost you $3000 these days.
  • james366james366 Member Posts: 2

@james366 agree with everyone who posted there comments above!

Its not like that, as here I don't agree with your answer.
  • hank2hank2 Member Posts: 76
    I have a 2004 Camry with about 160K miles on it. Internally, it seems fine; externally, it has some parking lot dings. I think I can easily get another 40k - 100K from it. I suggest that you have a good mechanic check yours out and give you an opinion.