Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

SUV advice

zzmmmommyzzmmmommy Member Posts: 67
edited November 2017 in General
We have been looking for a new car for over a month can't seem to pull the trigger on anything. I feel like maybe we are missing something - like there is an SUV we haven't given a fair chance to or haven't looked at.
Here are the requirements:
1) Must have adequate 3rd row and trunk space- we have 4 kids
2) This will be my husbands car so no minivans (I have one)
He would prefer a more trucky looking SUV but the payments on the large SUV are not feasible. I think we have looked at every midsize SUV and one of finds something wrong or missing...

Atlas - my favorite but he says it isn't manly enough
highlander, pilot and volvo (my husband didn't like)
gx 460 (no trunk space)
Infiniti and Audi (mom cars)
Explorer and Durango - neither one of us liked

Traverse is his favorite but we are having a really hard time finding the right combination of color/options, etc. And the lease deals are not in our favor.

We plan to possibly by the car at the end of the lease so we want to make sure we love what we pick.
Is there an SUV we have missed? Anything you can recommend?

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    Acura MDX?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    We looked - that 3rd row is so very small.
  • Options
    zzmmmommy said:

We looked - that 3rd row is so very small.

If it's size you need, then your husband needs to be less picky. ;)

The Traverse seems like a good choice, but I think some of the others you listed are better.
    But, you aren't buying it for me.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I'm open- tell me something about which one you would choose and why. I'll take another look! There has to be a reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the traverse. I would love your input on a better choice car for us:).
  • Options
    zzmmmommy said:

I'm open- tell me something about which one you would choose and why. I'll take another look! There has to be a reason why I haven't pulled the trigger on the traverse. I would love your input on a better choice car for us:).

Highlander or Infiniti. Reliability and decent lease deals.

Explorer and Durango. Plenty of room and decent lease deals

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    We decided on the Traverse. My husband is stuck on that car. We finally found the color/trim combination and I was negotiating with a dealership. I had a HUGE fight with the dealership - called their corporate offices and everything. So now I refuse to buy a car from them and nobody else has the right trim/color combination. Back to the drawing board. Although, after this argument I think I might just put this aside for a few weeks. Thank you for all of your help! I am not sure if I can share the dealership name...but if I can, I would love to tell everyone so you can stay clear of them!!!
  • Options
    zzmmmommy said:

We decided on the Traverse. My husband is stuck on that car. We finally found the color/trim combination and I was negotiating with a dealership. I had a HUGE fight with the dealership - called their corporate offices and everything. So now I refuse to buy a car from them and nobody else has the right trim/color combination. Back to the drawing board. Although, after this argument I think I might just put this aside for a few weeks. Thank you for all of your help! I am not sure if I can share the dealership name...but if I can, I would love to tell everyone so you can stay clear of them!!!

Go to this page to enter a dealer review.

https://www.edmunds.com/car-reviews/consumer-ratings-reviews.html

Scroll down to the dealer review section.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks.