Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2017 E 300 Sport (Loaner) MF & RV

lj_tampalj_tampa Member Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in Mercedes-Benz
What is the MF and RV for a 2017 E 300 Sport Sedan w. 9,700 miles for the following? Looking to get a "steal of a deal" on a lease but trying to find the sweet spot.

24 mo/ 10k miles
33 mo/ 10k miles
36 mo/ 10k miles

Dealer is trying to tell me CPV have different RV and MF is this true??

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,343
    lj_tampa said:

What is the MF and RV for a 2017 E 300 Sport Sedan w. 9,700 miles for the following? Looking to get a "steal of a deal" on a lease but trying to find the sweet spot.

24 mo/ 10k miles
    33 mo/ 10k miles
    36 mo/ 10k miles

Dealer is trying to tell me CPV have different RV and MF is this true??

I'm sure that they have different numbers for cars with 9700 miles.
    Unfortunately, we don't know what they are.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I have read on here that the RV is 60%, with 20 cents a mile after 3000 miles. That would imply a new RV of 0.5795 (58%). Does that sound accurate to you? The dealer can't just control what the RV is. This is still a loaner vehicle that hasn't been titled that they are allowed to lease to customers.
  • Options
    lj_tampa said:

I have read on here that the RV is 60%, with 20 cents a mile after 3000 miles. That would imply a new RV of 0.5795 (58%). Does that sound accurate to you? The dealer can't just control what the RV is. This is still a loaner vehicle that hasn't been titled that they are allowed to lease to customers.

Everything you say is possibly true. But, there will be some mileage cutoff where loaners are not eligible for the new car program. Or, the residual reduction will be handled differently. Or, the money factor could change.

I don't know where that cutoff is. But, it's there somewhere.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    I know that 10k miles is the cutoff where MB will no longer lease the vehicle.
  • Options
    lj_tampa said:

I know that 10k miles is the cutoff where MB will no longer lease the vehicle.

You are right that the dealer can't control the residual value. So, if they tell you it's different than you calculated, then the next assumption is that the program is different from the new car.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator