Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Is this a good lease deal?

avoorheesavoorhees Member Posts: 3
edited December 2017 in Honda
Total car-buying/leasing noob here.

I'm looking into leasing a 2017 Honda CRV LX-AWD. A nearby dealership is offering $1999 down and $259 per month for 36 months (12000 miles per year).

Is this a good deal?

On the phone, I asked them for more info such as cap cost and money factor, but he said he "doesn't have that info in front of him right now" so I'd need to come in (I assume that's just normal technique they use to gain leverage for negotiating).

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,099
    avoorhees said:

Total car-buying/leasing noob here.

I'm looking into leasing a 2017 Honda CRV LX-AWD. A nearby dealership is offering $1999 down and $259 per month for 36 months (12000 miles per year).

Is this a good deal?

On the phone, I asked them for more info such as cap cost and money factor, but he said he "doesn't have that info in front of him right now" so I'd need to come in (I assume that's just normal technique they use to gain leverage for negotiating).

.00200 MF and 61% residual

What is the MSRP?
    Is $1999 the full amount due at signing, or are there other charges on top?
    Does that include tax?
    Which state/tax rate?

I'm not expecting you to know all of that. You have to ask the dealer.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• avoorheesavoorhees Member Posts: 3
    Sorry, shifted gears a bit - thinking about buying instead of leasing. I have an ePrice offer from a nearby dealership for $22,841 plus tax, title, license, and doc fee. This price includes destination fee.

Good deal? How much lower should I attempt to negotiate?
  • kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,099
    avoorhees said:

Sorry, shifted gears a bit - thinking about buying instead of leasing. I have an ePrice offer from a nearby dealership for $22,841 plus tax, title, license, and doc fee. This price includes destination fee.

Good deal? How much lower should I attempt to negotiate?

Sorry, but we don't track pricing.

Click on the Make/Model/Year tabs at the top of the page to access Edmunds pricing tools.

Considering the lease program on this vehicle, I'd probably purchase, as well.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• avoorheesavoorhees Member Posts: 3
    Thank you.