Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Stability Traction Control

billyt39billyt39 Member Posts: 1
edited January 2018 in GMC
I have a 2012 GMC Acadia with 97,000 miles on it, it has been a great car, but last week I started getting the following warnings:
Service Stability Traction System
Reduced Engine Speed
and engine light

I plugged my handheld in and got the following codes:
CO242
PO877
PO989
P2138

Now the weather has been blistering here temperature has been in the single digits here for a week and will be for another 2 weeks, so basically my question is might this just be due to all the ice and snow, or is there a deeper issue I should worry about, also is the vehicle okay to drive with these lights on?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    Is your ABS light on?

So, you're getting an EBCM code (Electronic Brake Control Module circuit issue), which is the C0242. Then you have a P2138, which is a throttle/pedal positioning sensor error, and the the other two are related to transmission fluid pressure sensors, and I have no idea how those are related to your problem, if at all. They may just be reacting to everything else.

Chances are pretty good that it's the pedal or throttle pos sensor, but you'll have to hook up to a professional scanner to get some values read, and to test each of those components. If your ABS light is on, that often relates to a problem with the EBCM module, but again, not something you want to be guessing about.

I don't want to tell you what's "safe" or not--if the car is behaving normally, it's probably safe enough to take into a shop.