Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Pull Ahead Credit-BMW Won't Credit Last Payment.

mikeletimikeleti Member Posts: 49
edited January 2018 in BMW
Need some advice here please.

Was in a 36 month lease, 34th automatic payment due on Dec 26 was made.
Took possession of a new 2018 320 on Dec 30th.and turned in the 2015 to the Dealer.
I discussed the pull ahead with dealer and was told the payment made on Dec 26 would be refunded by BMW Financial for a total of 3 months Pull Ahead Credit.

BMW Financial is now saying that the Dec. Payment will not be refunded and only 2 months pull ahead was applied and to talk to the Dealer.
So essentially I am paying for a car I no longer have for January.

There is no Pull Ahead documentation included with my lease papers of any kind from the Dealer.

We are talking about (1) $350.00 payment, so not a lot of room for legal advice.

Anyone else have this issue??

How should I proceed??

Thanks

Comments

• kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 236,586
    mikeleti said:

Need some advice here please.

Was in a 36 month lease, 34th automatic payment due on Dec 26 was made.
    Took possession of a new 2018 320 on Dec 30th.and turned in the 2015 to the Dealer.
    I discussed the pull ahead with dealer and was told the payment made on Dec 26 would be refunded by BMW Financial for a total of 3 months Pull Ahead Credit.

BMW Financial is now saying that the Dec. Payment will not be refunded and only 2 months pull ahead was applied and to talk to the Dealer.
    So essentially I am paying for a car I no longer have for January.

There is no Pull Ahead documentation included with my lease papers of any kind from the Dealer.

We are talking about (1) $350.00 payment, so not a lot of room for legal advice.

Anyone else have this issue??

How should I proceed??

Thanks

I’d talk to your salesperson first, and then the F&I manager. Specifically, the person that told you the payment would be refunded. If they made a representation that turned out to be incorrect, they should make you whole. That it’s just $350 makes it that much easier for them to rectify.

If that doesn’t work, you could pursue it through BMWFS, but I wouldn’t hold out much hope of that. After all, they didn’t make the promise.

A respectful request to the dealer might work. I wouldn’t even insist they pay it. Just tell them BMWFS won’t refund it and ask them to fix it for you. See what they come up with, before suggesting they just give you $350.

If none of that works, just chalk it up to bad luck, or a learning experience.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• mikeletimikeleti Member Posts: 49
    Thanks,
    I'll try again, but I am not seeing the dealers involvement part.
    The 3 months Pull Ahead is Promised by FS, I paid FS not the dealer.
    One would think that FS would refund the payment once the old car was turned in and another was leased.

mikeleti said:

Thanks,
    I'll try again, but I am not seeing the dealers involvement part.
    The 3 months Pull Ahead is Promised by FS, I paid FS not the dealer.
    One would think that FS would refund the payment once the old car was turned in and another was leased.

Sorry, I'm just reading what you wrote:

You've already tried BMWFS, and that didn't work, right?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• mikeletimikeleti Member Posts: 49
    Correct, so far.
    Sent another email to Dealer General Manager and BMWFS.
    FS Said they are working with the Dealer in my behalf.
    I don't get it, I am paying for a car that could actually be sold to someone else by now...
    To be continued !!!!
    mikeleti said:

Correct, so far.
    Sent another email to Dealer General Manager and BMWFS.
    FS Said they are working with the Dealer in my behalf.
    I don't get it, I am paying for a car that could actually be sold to someone else by now...
    To be continued !!!!

Good luck... hopefully, you get something.
    Be glad it's not a large amount of money.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator