Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2013 Regal Turbo drivers door electrical issue

gator151gator151 Member Posts: 1
edited March 2018 in Buick
Hello all. I need some help. My wifes 2013 regal drivers door window quit working, also when you open the drivers door the radio and the climate control lights stay on. I have replaced the master window switch which of course didnt help. Any one else have these issues? I have always worked on my own vehicles, but you can't find crap for info on this car. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Answers

• Options
    thecardoc3thecardoc3 Member Posts: 5,747
    The radio not turning off when you open the door is a function of the retained accessory power system. It starts with the door ajar switch input and goes from there.  So the first observation to make is about whether the interior lights come on or not when you open the door.  

The majority of diagnostics performed today are done with the support of a fully capable scan tool. The scan tool allows the technician to observe switch inputs to a given module, and  make bi-directional commands to see if an output from a module can be carried out.  Then the tech can narrow his/her focus on just the affected portion  of the system.  There are many things today that basic knowledge and experience alone are not sufficient to allow someone to work through an issue. For example you could throw a window motor and regulator at the passengers door window issue and be lucky and repair the issue.  Then again it might be a waste of money if it doesn't solve the problem.  You could try throwing the passengers door module at the problem because just like a failing motor that also could be the problem.  However those come with no software in them and must be flash programmed before they will work.  
  • Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    FYI -- The retained accessory power (RAP) system allows specific vehicle functions
    to operate for a certain amount of time after the ignition switch is turned
    OFF. The BCM (Body Control Module) monitors the ignition switch position, battery condition, and each
    door open/closed status to determine whether RAP should be initiated or
    terminated.
  • Options
    imidazol97imidazol97 Member Posts: 27,154
    gator151 said:

when you open the drivers door the radio and the climate control lights stay on. I have replaced the master window switch which of course didnt help.

Do the radio and climate control lights go off when you open each of the other 3 doors after activating those and removing the key from the ignition?

2014 Malibu 2LT, 2015 Cruze 2LT,