Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

Replace Transmission Valve Body Assembly code

skeetslegacy11skeetslegacy11 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2016 in Subaru
Hello, Yesterday I started my Subbie and all the lights just start going crazy on my dash. So I pulled of the road and started freaking out, Never had a hint of a problem. So I pulled in AutoZone and they ran the codes and now I'm being told I have to replace the brain to my transmission WTH? I don't own a DODGE!!! Had 3 different dodges and the tranny went on all. So I wont own one because of transmission problems. Now my Subaru has been parked since it can only get worse. Any info? Is this normal? All the error codes are...
P0700 Transaxle Control System (MIL Request)
P2762 Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Range/Performance

any input or advice greatly appreciated.

Comments

• skeetslegacy11skeetslegacy11 Member Posts: 2
    edited April 2016
    Oh no help but somebody can laugh at my post! Karma will come back on you for that!
  • steverstever Guest Posts: 52,454
    Not laughing but not a mechanic either (although I do own a Dodge now having sold my old Outback a couple of years ago).

You don't really have a diagnosis yet (assuming you just went to AutoZone), just a couple of codes. Since no one here is taking any stabs at your issue, unless you can find other info on the net, you'll have to go talk to a transmission tech.
  • cmhj2000cmhj2000 Member Posts: 381
    edited April 2016

Is this normal? .

It IS normal for parts to occasionally fail. Bit it also depends on many factors, mileage, useage, maintenance ETC ETC . the codes say replacement is needed. get it diagnosed by a tech . Sometimes a free diag is worth what you paid for it

• hyetexashyetexas Member Posts: 1
    This thread is a little old, but since a search engine brought me here...
    P2762 Torque Converter Clutch Pressure Control Solenoid Control Circuit Range/Performance...
    Subaru is replacing my control solenoid assembly under the extended warranty (links below) at 138,000mi
    They will also consider paying for repairs made before they issued the extended warranty.
    https://akppro.com/en/archive/article/lineartronic-tr690
    https://allwheeldriveauto.com/subaru-extending-the-warranty-for-owners-with-a-cvt-transmissions/
    and
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/jensen/2017/07/07/facing-complaints-subaru-offers-extended-warranties-on-1-5-million-vehicles/2/#20a96bba4859
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited April 2018
    Responding to 2016 post ---Well first off nobody should go to Autozone for a diagnosis on a Subaru transmission. You might go there for auto parts once you know for certain what the problem is.

These codes don't relate to a specific component being bad. P0700 looks like just a response to P2762, so the same malfunction.

This issue could be the solenoid, or you could have some kind of wiring harness issue as well.

@hyetexas seems to have located a related issue here.