Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see May lease deals!
Options

1996 V6 dodge Dakota - stalling problems

mopaaawmopaaaw Member Posts: 1
edited May 2018 in Dodge
1996 V6 dodge Dakota I hope someone can edit this I am not a computer person I have seen one of your forms from long ago about a Dodge Dakota dying intermittently I currently have had that issue one of your readers had commented on the computer box being the problem in ternal What I found in my truck when I took the computer apart on the passenger wheel well with the three plugs in it there were two parts of it that plug together the lid and the base the base was coded in a protective gel the lid seem to have cracked solder joints on the pins it plugged in to the gelatin computer I had re-soldered those pens with two small of a soldering iron at the time the car instantly ran great for three or four months then the similar problem came back My correction at this point and prior to me soldering it is to unplug the forward of the three plugs and plug it back in during the times in which the car does not immediately start up when it dies it has seem to work I need to open it back up and re-solder it properly My Dakota was stalling sometimes backfiring definitely win it would act up the timing would be affected I bought another computer used and put it in and it’s very funny it did the same thing except it did not work as long as mine but I have been running on my computer For two years now intermittently dying hopefully my new transmission major problem is part of the computer I hope this gets to the right people to help them no pa for two years now intermittently dying hopefully my new transmission major problem is part of the computer I hope this gets to the right people to help them Mopaaw to ya

Answers