Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Ford Extended Warranty

bimmrrbimmrr Member Posts: 3
edited April 2017 in Ford
Any suggestions or caution on buying an Extended Warranty from Ford and where best to buy for the least ?

Comments

• Options
    Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    You might find this Edmunds article helpful:

How To Get the Best Extended Warranty
  • Options
    will201will201 Member Posts: 28
    Any suggestions for companies that offer extended warranties for a 2016 Ford Expedition EL XLT? It currently has 44K miles on it.
  • Options
    What are they charging?
    Is it from Ford Motor Co. or is the dealer selling you one from a private company?
    When does coverage begin and end?

• Options
    will201will201 Member Posts: 28
    @Mr_Shiftright i'm not sure yet. I just want to see what all of my options are before closing on the deal. The vehicle would be purchased from Hertz.
  • Options
    Two things to pay attention to are a) what they are charging for it b) who is the underwriter and c) (very important) what are the EXCLUSIONS in the warranty. If say they are charging you a lot of money to protect the engine but not the electronics, then you'd have to consider which is more likely to fail on you.

Another consideration is if there's any existing warranty from Ford on the truck, and if this extended warranty overlaps that.