Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!

"Hatching" the spare tire--Nissan Versa Note

gertieb1gertieb1 Member Posts: 2
edited April 2018 in Nissan
Anyone know how I might secure the compact spare in the interior hatch area ?
Surprised Nissan has not done away with outside/underside rack feature yet. ( used since 2014)
:)
Is there anything sold that might help?
Use of the underbody rack which I do not want to use are on Manual
page 6-4.
Just think of the deep snow I went tnrough last winter !!!

Comments

• Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    edited April 2018
    Hmmm...I don't have a Note in front of me, but maybe you could secure the spare behind the rear seat using one of those ratcheting hold-down straps? You really do need to secure it tightly for safety reasons.

Something like this, but not ON the seat, but behind it:

• gertieb1gertieb1 Member Posts: 2
    Thank you. It is a heavy dense item a "compact " steel wheel rim 20 to 30 lbs. plus the tire and air---.

Many "hitched "baby car seats are elaborate and must weigh something too. Must consider that cars are complicated with air bags and sensors on seats. May need something stronger than a fabric belt. Today I thought why not just buy a big plastic "tote" for it with a secure cover that fills the rear & would not move around......................Thanks again for reading my post.
  • Mr_ShiftrightMr_Shiftright Member Posts: 64,481
    I was thinking of a "tie down strap", not just a fabric belt like in that photo I posted.

More like this:

STRAP

That spare tires isn't going anywhere if this strap is tightly secured.

A tote might work but you'd still have to secure it somehow, for safety's sake.

But of course don't be drilling into the floor unless you are really sure what's underneath the drill ! :p