Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

2015 Audi 3.0 T Premium Plus 20"" W - Lease ends - Is it worth buying? 16000 miles only;

audi19audi19 Member Posts: 22
edited May 2018 in Audi
I got 2015 Audi 3.0 T Quattro Tiptronic Premium Plus with below details

20" Wheel package,
Warm and Cold weather package,
Supercharge badge,
Cargo net,
Audi guard wheel lock kit
Cargo box

for $60,340 price on lease for 3 years/12000 miles / 770 per month including wear and tear package;

My lease ending in a month and I used only 16079 miles and left out price is to purchase is $34,498.

I took to Car Max and the price they quoted is 32,800; I am using lease premium as business expense.

Is it worth buying this car due to the fact i used only 16k miles?

I got my lease finance through Audi financials and if i have to buy extended warranty for 5 more years it will cost me $4495;

Should I buy additional warranty?

All my tires are in replacement mode; Might go couple of months. Only one tire was replaced with new one when it got flat.

Inspection was done by Audi financials with their third party vendor and they certified with no additional cost.

Please advise, what would be the best option? Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Comments

• Options
    kyfdxkyfdx Moderator Posts: 237,302
    audi19 said:

I got 2015 Audi 3.0 T Quattro Tiptronic Premium Plus with below details

20" Wheel package,
    Warm and Cold weather package,
    Supercharge badge,
    Cargo net,
    Audi guard wheel lock kit
    Cargo box

for $60,340 price on lease for 3 years/12000 miles / 770 per month including wear and tear package;

My lease ending in a month and I used only 16079 miles and left out price is to purchase is $34,498.

I took to Car Max and the price they quoted is 32,800; I am using lease premium as business expense.

Is it worth buying this car due to the fact i used only 16k miles?

I got my lease finance through Audi financials and if i have to buy extended warranty for 5 more years it will cost me $4495;

Should I buy additional warranty?

All my tires are in replacement mode; Might go couple of months. Only one tire was replaced with new one when it got flat.

Inspection was done by Audi financials with their third party vendor and they certified with no additional cost.

Please advise, what would be the best option? Appreciate all your help.

Thanks

Looks like to buy it out, with warranty, is close to $40K? That's $800/mo for five years.

If you can expense it for your business, I'd just go lease a new one.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and share!

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you so much for the quick response. Very much appreciated.

I live in CA. and I got 5% less of sticker price in 2015.

Will it be difficult for me to sell my car after 2 or 3 yrs if I want to go for new model.

Lot of changes from 2015 to 2018 models. Will I loose more if I buy extended warranty, etc.

Is it worth extending for 1 or 2 months lease until i decide whether to buy out or go for new car?

I also checked for new ones and the cost per month is going 866 to 900 for sticker price of 67.5k - 5% and 57% residual with the same package of mine for 2018 model. I want to keep close to 800s.

What do you thnk? Thankyou.
  • Options
    since i have one more year warranty, is it possible for me to decide later within warranty period to buy extended wararnty? Will audi financials accept if I buy later??
  • Options
    audi19 said:

since i have one more year warranty, is it possible for me to decide later within warranty period to buy extended wararnty? Will audi financials accept if I buy later??

Needs tires.. then a warranty... and, it's priced above CARMAX quote.

I wouldn't buy it. If you need to be at $800/mo, pick a car that you can lease for that amount.

I don't have answers for your specific questions, though.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you. If I buy and finance 34k payout amt + 4.5k warranty + 9.5% ca taxes + deposition fees, etc and 3 new tires which comes to 600 k/month if I finance it for 5+ yrs;

40k investment on 2015 q7 3.0t with 16k miles, is it worth with the above parameters if I want to buy? or \

you still recommend to go with new car lease under 800/month range. Thanks for all ur help.
  • Options
    audi19 said:

Thank you. If I buy and finance 34k payout amt + 4.5k warranty + 9.5% ca taxes + deposition fees, etc and 3 new tires which comes to 600 k/month if I finance it for 5+ yrs;

40k investment on 2015 q7 3.0t with 16k miles, is it worth with the above parameters if I want to buy? or \

you still recommend to go with new car lease under 800/month range. Thanks for all ur help.

Check your math.. $40K at 3.75% APR for 60 months is $732/mo.

It's already a 3 year old car, and not a very good buy at that price, even with the low mileage.
    Yes... if those are the only two options, I'd pick a new car to lease.

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thank you so much.
  • Options
    Is it worth buying cash instead of finance if I choose to buyout instead of lease??
  • Options
    audi19 said:

Is it worth buying cash instead of finance if I choose to buyout instead of lease??

I can't really comment on your personal financial situation. ;);)

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator

Edmunds Moderator

• Options
    Thanks. Final conclusion not worth buying this car even it has low miles. go for lease with the same buyout amount. Will look into it. right??

Thanks for all ur help.