Edmunds dealer partner, Bayway Leasing, is now offering transparent lease deals via these forums. Click here to see the latest vehicles!
Options

Car-Buying Advice--Trading Honda Lease on BMW 330e one pay?

spdrcr2spdrcr2 Member Posts: 12
edited July 2017 in BMW
Hi All,

New to the forun. If I ask something that's been discussed, please feel free to direct me appropriately.

I just entered year 2 of a 2 year, one pay on a 2016 Honda Accord LX. I've kept it clean (it still has the original new car smell), and is just shy of 9k. I noticed a 24-month, '17 330e one pay for $10K at the local BMW dealer in CA, but the usual lease info blurb (that details MSRP, fees, net cap, etc.) is missing from the page!

My current lease end residual is around $15K, and I'm allocated for 12K mi/yr, so I know the car will be "worth" more at disposition, as I was conservative on the mileage estimate at POS. I'm thinking if I went for the 330e now (a year early), they pay off the 15K amount (and dispo or any fees) to HF, give me a credit for the current wholesale value and factor in whatever they could get retail to chip into the 10K.

Is my thought process reasonable or does anyone see this playing out differently? I decided to post here before heading to dealer. Also, does anyone know 24/12 RV for the 330e?

Thanks!

Answers

• Options
    ChaseBellowsChaseBellows Member Posts: 76
    Hi @spdrcr2 Thanks for reaching out to Edmunds! I'm Chase, a Senior Advisor over here on our Shopper Advisor team. Hope we didn't catch you too late. BMW's prepay lease MF is 0.00151 with a 24 month residual at 40% for the best credit on a balloon rate. There's $5,500 worth of lease cash which is definitely helping you out here. I'd love to see this ad or if there is any other information available, as there may be a detail or two. Otherwise, I'd encourage to reach out to the dealer for the details!

As for the Accord, would you like to go over it to see if it's in a good position to be traded in? I'd also encourage you to appraise it on the link below, and calculate how much you paid so far (Should be easy, fees, plus your one time lease payment in half) and see how it stacks up.

https://www.edmunds.com/appraisal/

Let me know if you have any questions! I'm here to help through the whole car buying process. :)
  • Options
    vicenzavicenza Member Posts: 52
    What’s the MF and Residual for 24/15 and 36/15 for California?  Any other incentives??
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    vicenza said:

What’s the MF and Residual for 24/15 and 36/15 for California?  Any other incentives??

For which brand and model?

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4

• Options
    vicenzavicenza Member Posts: 52
    Sorry, for the 330e and the 530e
  • Options
    MichaellMichaell Moderator Posts: 241,337
    vicenza said:

Sorry, for the 330e and the 530e

You're better off posting in the appropriate 3-series and 5-series lease threads.....

Edmunds Price Checker
    Edmunds Lease Calculator
    Did you get a good deal? Be sure to come back and let us know! Post a pic of your new purchase or lease!

2015 Subaru Outback 3.6R / 2014 MINI Countryman S ALL4